Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grimm

Doom 2 Maximum Files 100% Completion

'Ello, me and GreyGhost were talking and postulated that quite possibly no one has ever played though all the WADs in the Doom 2 section of the Master Levels CD (i.e., the Maximum files). So, how 'bout it? Did anyone ever actually complete this gargantuan and unhappy task, or have a buddy that did?

Well, I'd like to think I came close, but nope. I still have a virtual CD of it on my comp though, so I should give some of the ones I didn't play a go anyways. It's hard to get through them all though, considering a lot of them are 1994 junk that makes you want to punch someone in the face :/

nope.
i did play through every map on the "tricks of the doom gurus" cd as well as the "lost episodes of doom" disk, but that was before i had access to the internet and could just download any wads i wanted.

Play? No. One time I created .bats for almost all of the Maximum Doom WADs (you don't have to assess my compulsiveness) but I reformatted later. I wonder if there's a list documenting each WAD though.

There was a site at one stage that listed all the Maximum Doom wads with thier cdrom.com (as i say, one stage) download links, so you could get them with the correct text file and where nessescary a dehacked patch or working graphic replacements. It also mentioned if a newer version was around

Heh, well, I'm pretty sure I played through all of the Doom 2 ones, although I didn't really touch the Doom directory much. And I'm certain I gave up on several of the wads due to difficulty or boredom. Probably missed a few wads too.

But yeah, I spent a lot of days Dooming, and the Maximum levels were my only source of 3rd party pwads.

Man, I would love to take a crack at that site. Too bad it's probably just so much scattered 0's and 1's by now

deathbringer said:

There was a site at one stage that listed all the Maximum Doom wads with thier cdrom.com (as i say, one stage) download links, so you could get them with the correct text file and where nessescary a dehacked patch or working graphic replacements. It also mentioned if a newer version was around

Get the Maximum DooM Reference here:
http://www.geocities.com/southparkduke/doom/

A newer version is in development.

funduke said:

Get the Maximum DooM Reference here:

You have been busy. Puts my old Excel spreadsheet to shame.