Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ledmeister

Xbox360 Doom now 50% off on XBLA

damn, i already got it on the day it came out =( ah well

Well now, I just may have to buy it, I wouldn't mind having a good classic port that I can play easily on a T.V. Now if they would just hurry up and get Bionic Commando: Rearmed out.

Well I don't have live but my friend downloaded it. Now I'm curious how much he got it for.

If I had anymore of those retarded microbucks I probably would have grabbed this. I may still sometime in the future.

Well I finally downloaded it, 400 points, which is around 5 dollars. I would say it's the best direct console port of doom/ultimate doom that I've played. The controls are pretty sharp, however I would've really appreciated the ability to change the turn speed. Also, the changing weapons seems rather slow. You have to press a button to cycle backwards and forwards, however it doesn't register another press until the next weapon is loaded. So you can't have the shotgun ready, press A twice quickly, and have the rocket launcher ready, you have to wait until the next weapon is brought up before you can go to the next. Also the fact that you can't scroll the automap is slightly annoying, but nothing serious. I do find the fact that you can press up on the d-pad and show the last message kind of amusing. Other than that, it plays very well, and it's doom. The graphics scale nicely, the speed is pretty much perfect, and I haven't enjoyed replaying ultimate doom on ultra violence this much for quite a while. No complaints here. You can save wherever you want in the level, and nothing has been cut out, basically doom on your xbox. If that's appealing, then get it, if not, then pass.

Every time I play through episode one I'm still amazed at just how many soulspheres there are, I swear after level 1 I didn't drop below 100% health.

Jello said:

Every time I play through episode one I'm still amazed at just how many soulspheres there are, I swear after level 1 I didn't drop below 100% health.

Sounds like it's time to play through the game on Nightmare.:-)

Ha, I've tried nightmare, but damn it does kick my ass. The main problem is that they keep coming back, if it was just enemies that do double the damage and have double health that they do on ultra violence, and have double the enemies, I'd be fine, but I've always been the kind of person who likes taking out every enemy in the level and giving myself room to breathe. I think I've gotten up to level 11 in doom 2 on nightmare, I may give doom 1 a shot on nightmare again though. It'll be my next challenge.

Jello said:

Ha, I've tried nightmare, but damn it does kick my ass. The main problem is that they keep coming back, if it was just enemies that do double the damage and have double health that they do on ultra violence, and have double the enemies, I'd be fine, but I've always been the kind of person who likes taking out every enemy in the level and giving myself room to breathe. I think I've gotten up to level 11 in doom 2 on nightmare, I may give doom 1 a shot on nightmare again though. It'll be my next challenge.

You just have to learn to move fast and you can get through Nightmare without too much trouble (you can even kill everything...or, at least, get 100%+ kills) it just takes practice. I've been through both Ultimate Doom on the 360 on Nightmare and Doom 2 on the PC on Nightmare; it gets easier the more you practice.

I'll give it a shot. Although going through Alien Vendetta and Hell Revealed on ultra violence was a challenge enough, nightmare might be fun. At least I've managed to get a snazzy doom marine and demon picture for my gamer profile on the 360 version, beats that crap you start out with, and I'll be damned if I'll pay for a picture without getting a game with it.