Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

Is there any more interest on DOOM 2.5 (download link is back)

For these who don't remember or have no idea what's DOOM 2.5 here's our old entry on WIP
http://www.wadsinprogress.info/index.php?a=listwads&wad=519

At the moment to get the original version of this mod seems practically imposible. And Nobody in the original team continued working on this, so if I upload this it'd be an unfinished version and a base wad for modders interested on continuing it.
I also have some monster sprite sets that were never used, some of them are good, other meh, others pretty good, and an almost finished new map that uses the first Nmn corp texture wad (unfinished because it needs the dynamic lights, and the Vagary at the end instead of the Revenant I placed).

After the atrocity called the DOOM 3 mod, or DM3guns, that ripped our stuff (that was more than merely rips off the DOOM 3 models) without any kind of credit and raped it down I'm a bit scared to upload this (also it'd require some work to compile all the stuff together). If this wasn't an unfinished product I wouldn't worry about that, but as it is, I wouldn't like to see that happen again.
So I'm only going to upload it if there's at least one serious Edge modder or fan that wants to give this a try (play it or work with its resources), or a G/Zdoom author with good reputation and same interests.

Sorry for the long post, I hope that the pics on WIP helped to make the reading smoother.

I know I'm none of the people you bought up in your post, but please do release the resources. The sprites and stuff that were finished was, on the whole, pretty damn excellent, and it's always nice to see superior quality things released for the community to work with.

Besides, if you're just sitting on them, you're losing nothing by releasing them, right?

Yes complete it, as all these stupid 'doom 3 weapons' are just using its guns taking all the glory of the project

it's my fault I hosted you guys that spelled death of the project. I even warned about the expiry too and the mod team didn't care :(

I'd say go for it. I'd prefer it if it were for gzdoom, but EDGE will do. By the looks of the wip page, it looks very promising.

It looks to good to be tossed in the bit-bucket. Hope you find someone who's prepared to resurrect the project.

Thanks for the replies, and sorry for the posts. It still annoys me when I see a wad that has badly edited weapons from this mod.

Sorry leileilol I didn't know that you mirrored us.

I have compiled and uploaded all the stuff I have, I hope I didn't miss anything. As I said it's an unfinished version, yet it'll give you some fun if you play through it. Unfortunately I can't finish it, but hopefully someone will give good use of its resources and with luck continue the mod in some way or other.
Please note that some of the sprites use a custom palette included on their respective wad (Edge supports multiple palettes).

You can get it here
http://www.mediafire.com/?1lzxtets0si

Sorry for the zip file, it's a bit messy on the inside, the stuff is from late 2004 early 2005 and since then I never organized it in a proper way (I had some stuff spread in different folders, according to some pattern I used when editing, that I don't fully remember).

I don't know how stable mediafire is, if someone has the time and interest on making a mirror, or to include a link on a DOOM site in a better place (by this I mean downloads section of a site), I'd be happy.

I didn't mention that some of the sprites (weapons mainly) use a custom palette, included on their respective wad.

I can't seem to get it to work right. When I ran the wads in folders A and C, I got the levels and actors, but most of the textures were missing. When I tried to run B, it just crashed and gave me an error message that said "RTS ONDEATH: Unknown thing type: 9988"

That's strange, unless something was missed with the years, or when I compiled the stuff, it'd run without any of these problems on Edge 1.29
Be sure to use the frontend.
As I didn't work in the technical part there isn't much that I can say you, perhaps newer versions of Edge include changes that are not compatible with this mod. I don't know I'd like to ask Edge experts to give ideas about what could be wrong.
Anyone else had these problems?

About the textures, try removing the png files so the game uses the 256 color textures included in the wad.

I'm going to do a new compilation pack as the text files have some spelling mistakes. I'll copy again all the content of folders a b and c, but I don't think that will help at all.

I don't think anything changed with RTS ONDEATH between 1.29 and current EDGE binaries. If you verify that it works on 1.29 but not with the 1.31 betas, then I'll look into it.