Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
læmænt

achievement in dooming

What's your major achievement in Dooming? Something that you're really proud of.

For me, it would be passing E2M8, E3M8 and MAP07 from scratch on UV. Pathetic, I know :)

hey what happened to this fine thread?

oh well...
hmm, beating hell revealed on uv maybe.

Or when I think about it, beating e1m5 from scratch on nightmare, that was damn hard.

I'm still having my doom challenge, I'm trying to beat a cyb with only my fist. I don't do it every day, shit last time i tried was like 2 months ago, but still one of these days I'll do it.

You have got to be kidding, orion? it is impossible without god mode on/ the cyb unable to move for whatever reason, basically in normal mode it just ain't possible.
I'd say the chances of punching a cyb between 200-400 times (what's needed) and not getting killed in open combat are about 1 in 5 million, or roughly the same odds as killing a revenant with one blast from the SSG (yes, it is possible!).
With besrek, about 1 in 1000-2000 maybe, that's a lot easier if you do the maths, but it's still damned hard.

Anyway, my proudest moment in Doom was completeing TNT on UV inc. secret levs. I needed a lot of saves, it took me ages esp. Map 30 where I had about 100 gos at doing the boss but I beat it in the end.

I'll never forget seeing the multiple explosions. A Baron scratched me to death a second later and I was real nervous, but the level ended rather than going back to the begiining. I let out a "WHOOOO-HOO!" and smacked my thighs, I was VERY pleased.

Needless to say I gave up all hope of doing Plutonia, that was just damned unfair, I much prefered TNT.

Without berserk, and it is possible, there are demos of people acomplishing it. So if they can do it, so can I... I hope.

ftp://competn.ath.cx/pub/compet-n/doom/tyson/t2m84205.zip - this is to all those none believers who think it's not possible to kill a cyb with only your fist and no berserk. Yes I know he shot the cyb 50 times with the pistol, but what's 50 bullets gonna do on a cyb? The demo is 42 minutes long, a little over 35 of them were spent on fisting (as I like to call it) the cyb.

I can't get it to work but I'll trust you. Amazing, 43 minutes of dodging a cyb would have me dizzy...

The demo is 42 minutes long, a little over 35 of them were spent on fisting (as I like to call it) the cyb.

I gotta quote an AIM line (known by anyone who has skippy in their buddy list):

ralphis sfr6: ive fisted a cyb

thats why the word "fisting" doesn't sound right.

Yes Xit Vono did beat the e2m8 cyber with non-berserk fist. I watched the demo. But a doomer below Doomgod status could never do that. If you think you have the skills that it takes, get your ass over to Compet-N... you DO know that it takes ~400 punches right?

well all you need to do is master a certain tactic. He chose to strafe left, strafe right, strafe right, punch, back up, or strafe left, strafe right, strafe right, punch back up whenever he heard the sound of the cyb firing. He got that down perfectly, if he would have waited .25 seconds more he would have been shot in the face. If you manage to get something like that down and also know how the cyb works you should be able to do it sooner or later.

I'm also one of the most stubborn and hard headed people you know, if I seriously want to do something I will. Although I haven't really commited myself to doing it yet that much I'm pretty sure one day I'll get pissed off an won't quit playing till I acomplish it.

there's definately an opportunity for exaggeration on this thread...not that anyone here would...i don't think...

I've beaten Plutonia on Nightmare two times in a row, which took me about fourty minutes. I would go on for the third time, but I got bored.

you DO know that it takes ~400 punches right?

That's it? I thought it would be at least 1,000.

takes about 3-5 seconds to get a punch in, only 75% of the punches usually hit the cyb since he moves sometimes, lost sould are also a bitch. Could go up to 1 and a half hour of dooming.

Or if you manged to circle strafe close enough to the cyb that you hit him every time and his rockets went by you, you could do it in a few minutes, but that requieres serious precision. (It's what I'm trying to do)

If the area you fight the cyber in is very large and open the circlestrafing may work. Problem is that the cyber will move around once in a while and screw up your pattern (or worse, block you and kill you). When I come to think about it, it might actually be easier to do it in nightmare mode that way since he doesn't move as much.

well there are some open spaces in e2m8, if you take a break every couple of seconds to get the cyb in the middle of it so he doesn't push you over into a wall or hit something and the damage reflects on you it might be possible. And that has to be the quickest, and maybe hardest way of doing it.

For me it would be beating a cyberdemon for the first time without god mode on. Sadly, this happened earlier this year. Hmmm...this reminds me of an old post I made. IDEA!
/me scampers off to make a new 'poll'.