Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

Help me finish a map in 5 days? D:

I started my final map for the Instagib Community project over at Skulltag...but I've pretty much lost all inspiration for finishing it, which sucks because I did put quite a bit of work into it and I also had a layout all on paper, ready to go. So I really do hate for this work to go to waste and the map deadline is set for March 29th, and thats the reasoning behind this pathetic thread. Ok first off, I'm sure you guys would really like some screenshots of how it looks so far:

Here's the download link to the map in question:

http://mechadon.hostsnake.com/wads/Mek-D2IG18_UF.zip - [109.80 kB]

You'll also need the texture resource:

http://www.zshare.net/download/7749285ec53a8e/

I would greatly appreciate anyone who would be willing to help me finish this before the 29th. I do have a few requests though. I ask that you do have some measure of mapping experience and DM mapping experience. Also I'd like to be able to keep the theme pretty similar to what I've got already, so that would be very nice. Other than that, you can do pretty much what you want to as long as it gets finished before the 29th. Again the map is for a Skulltag port, so you'll also need all of the configurations and etc. if you do plan on working on this map.

Thanks guys, I hope someone is interested!

Hey, some of those resources look strangely familiar! :P

I would help out with this, but I'm so bogged down with other projects right now :(

Hey, some of those resources look strangely familiar! :P

Uh...>.>...<.<....

*runs*

But seriously, I had to use some of them because they were very awesome :D. Sucks that you wouldn't be able to help me though...your the ideal person I'd like working on this, but I understand what you mean by being bogged down :(

Me? Ideal? *blushes* Thanks Mek! Maybe we could collaborate on a map sometime in the future :)

The map looks great so far; I hope whoever finishes it can do as good a job with it as you have.

Heh, essel :P. Indeed, I would really enjoy doing a joint-map or something similar with you in the future!

So...no takers? I kinda figured as much, but I thought I'd give it a try anyways. There's 3 days left...I'm going to try to see if I can't make anymore progress on this thing, but I doubt I can.

*edit*

I kinda screwed up my in-brain calender...but anyways, the deadline is the 31st, which means there's 5 days from today to finish the map. Doh!

I just took a look at the map in DB to see if I could maybe help you. And sadly, I cant because I cant do architecture like that. It looks really great and the textures fit in perfectly! There's no way I would be able to continue that style. But you'll get my stamp of approval anytime and I really hope you can finish it! :)

Well thanks for the positive comments guys! I've got 4 days...so I'm going to try and buckle down and finish this. I'm still open to any takers though :)

Uh...I was able to finish this if anybody cares :p

Spent about 7 hours straight on it on the night of the deadline to try and finish it up. No in-game screenshots yet though, if your interested you'll just have until I release the wad (which should hopefully be in a few weeks).

To kinda give an idea of how much I had finished when I originally posted this thread...all I had done was a small part of the eastern hallway, the center-circle area, and the majority of the hallway that extends from the nothern part of the circular room. So I'd say 35% or so was done at the time.

*salivates over *.png*

Kinda reminds me of CC3's Black Rain (to a degree). It looks too good not to finish - anyone who can finish it should! However I am not quite at that level of detailing yet..

Well thanks for the comments and stuff, but...

Uh...I was able to finish this if anybody cares :p

It's a little late now heh :P