Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
InfraRed

How is multiplayer done these days?

I bailed off Doom after Doom 3 was a pile of shit. Do people still play Zdaemon with zdoom? or is there a more popular way of doing this shit now?

forgive my ignorance, but i've been out of the loop for about 3 or 4 years.

thanks for the heads up. im getting skulltag now.

generally what wads are played? are any of the Dwangos still around?

P.S. im also gettin 0 servers found. i hate to sound annoying here, but i'm really kinda lost on this. the only thing i ever played was zdaemon.

Hmm, you may have to update your IDE, though I would think that they would have added an updated IDEse with Skulltag D:.

Also check the forums, there should be a globally sticked thread about the Master Server address and how to change it. Recently the address was changed so that may be your problem.

*edit*

Oh wow...apparently they added an entire sub-forum devoted to the Master Server. I'm sure you might be able to get some help there.

i have the wrong version of doom2.wad and im not sure how i can check what version im at on Vista.

sorry for all the hassle, but these are just things i've forgotten over the years.

Also give Freedoom a whirl, just to make sure that it's the Iwad that's causing the problem and not Skulltag/IDE/the Master Server. I think there have been some folks having problems with the Master Server recently.

An incompatible IWAD shouldn't stop you from seeing servers. You'd only get an error after trying to connect (the console in the source port will tell you it's the wrong size).

Check your internet/firewall settings and make sure IDE has permission to use ports.