Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nathan92

Someplace took my doom art!

link removed

This place took some of my art without permission.

These are mine.
<This one isn't of doom, but only has one doom enemy in it.
link removed

My revenant that i showed here a while ago.
link removed

One of my older doomguy pics.
link removed

See how in a couple of the file names contain "deimos," my name on deviantart where i posted these originally is Deimos-remus.

I contacted them through email, but i don't know if the email is still in use by the admin.
If there are any other email addresses, please let me know.

One last thing, there may be other stolen pieces of any of yours on there. I think i saw some that may have been by coopersville.

Yeah, I see my Revenant sketch and Bank's cartoon stuff has been added recently.

This site is old, and they just seem to go around collecting any art that's Doom related for the sake of having the biggest fanart section ever. I've popped in there a few times to see if there's anything good, from time to time.

Personally, I don't care; I just wish they'd source their artists, so I can look into the people who've done the good stuff. But keep us updated on how the complaint goes.

Well, he replied asking to keep them on, asking for my permission.
So, i let him, he also is going to give me my own section containing my art.

Well is he credits you, and as long as you don't mind him having your art, then its no worries.

So drama over, and links removed because the site contains other illegal content.

I apologize, if someone has offended. I promise to add on a site an opportunity of a filtration on the author so that everyone who looks through pictures could learn a name of the author.

I can understand how somebody could get upset over this. When I first started posting art online, years ago, it bothered me that people would take my art and put it on their site without asking and/or giving me credit, but, as I’ve gotten older, and hopefully wiser, I’ve come to view it as a compliment, rather than an insult. Nowadays, I usually only get angry and take action when somebody takes my art and claims it as their own work--plagiarism (I’ve had that happen on DeviantArt more than once—I actually had two separate people both claiming that they were the ones that drew a piece of Metal Gear Solid Ninja art that I did years ago). Most of my DOOM fan art has made its way onto MAZter’s site as well, but I’ve been aware of that for some time, and I’m flattered, rather than offended. It is DOOM fan art, and I want DOOM fans to see it, as they’re the ones that can appreciate it the most, and MAZter’s site facilitates that. I frequently visit the website specifically for that fan art section, as I know everybody’s DOOM art ends up there eventually.

I would be glad, if anybody which would help me with translation even to a part of a site on English language as I in it am not strong. Also notice, that search the fan art is not easy job too :)

Thread closed, because this is starting to feature additional discussion of a site to which it would be improper to link.