Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

I don't know really, but whatever is lying on the floor looks EXTREMELY familiar. The fact that the word "party" is smeared on the wall makes me wonder if that really is who I think it is.

Cell said:

Wait a minute. Were you in Hungary?!

Yes. I visited Szolnok on Thursday.

Ultraboy94 said:

*IMAGE of... whatever is it, it looks quite red*

For those of you who get where this comes from, I'm sorry.

I don't get it, but is that way of coloring sectors compatible with "ZDoom in Doom format"?

Katamori: has that kind of SKY texture anything to do with Polar Lights?

Cell said:

I don't get it, but is that way of coloring sectors compatible with "ZDoom in Doom format"?

I believe so. I'm using Skulltag(Doom in Hexen) Format myself, but as long as tagging and Zdoom scripts are avalible in Zdoom in Doom format then it should be ok.

Cell said:

Idunno, I got it from Esselfortium's SpaceDM-9 WAD. I thought it would be better than pcorf's simple starry sky-texture.

Please don't reuse the resources that were created for SpaceDM9. Sorry.

(That sky reeeeeaaally doesn't work well at all in the standard palette, anyway.)

esselfortium said:

Please don't reuse the resources that were created for SpaceDM9. Sorry.

Oh, sorry, I didn't know that after you letter that you answered me yesterday. My mistake.

phobosdeimos1 said:

Looks great Katamori, i'm liking those green lights

is it for Boom?

Thank you! Yes, it'll be Boom-compatible.

Ultraboy94 said:

barf

For those of you who get where this comes from, I'm sorry.

You're making a mod based on what is most likely malware? I guess The Sky May Be had to be bested somehow.

Cell said:

To a rather limited extent. Using ACS in Doom format maps is hard; you'll have to either create a few predefined custom line types which you'll call through a map translator; or use a library. Alternatively, you might try to use FraggleScript; but that's probably not a good idea.

If you go with the map translator route, the simplest is to make new line types directly for Sector_SetColor.

Of course, if you were using UDMF instead, then you wouldn't have to create any sort of script at all; you could just directly set the colors as properties of the sector.

@ Katamori:

Interesting sky, something like auroras in deeper space?

jute said:

Are you making a Turok mod for Doom 64 EX? It looks lovely.

It started off as an experiment but now I am considering making a custom level with a 'aztec' theme. In this case it'll be using Turok textures.

Spazztik: It looks really cool, I've been wondering if there's ways to convert drawings like that into spritey looking pixelated graphics, It would make drawing sprites so easy

phobosdeimos1 said:

Spazztik: It looks really cool, I've been wondering if there's ways to convert drawings like that into spritey looking pixelated graphics, It would make drawing sprites so easy

You can take a high-res scan, resize it to a lower resolution with a image editing program (disable the filters !) and then touch it up a bit.

That's basically how most Doom sprites were made.

@ Vordakk:

I like the gradual darkness in your images. Many try to implement a kind of "radiosity", but not always the result looks credible...

LigH said:

@ Vordakk:

I like the gradual darkness in your images. Many try to implement a kind of "radiosity", but not always the result looks credible...

Thanks, LigH! If you're still around in 2-3 years, you might get to play this megawad, because that's how slow I am at mapping. 2 levels down, 30 to go :(

Ultraboy94 said:

What he said. My wad has it's own story after the events in the fanfic. Cause making a wad on the actual events in it wouldn't be very playable, or interesting.

For today (The one-year anniversary of MLP:FiM) I'll try and have what I've done with it so far uploaded by tonight. It won't be complete by any means, but it'll be a little something for the occasion.

Halloween release?

LigH said:

@ Katamori:

Interesting sky, something like auroras in deeper space?

Yes but I already replaced that with an usual space sky, because I got the aurora sky from SpaceDM-9, and essel wasn't happy because of this.

I haven't shown my interest on your project, but I was all the time.

Keep it up TheSpazztikOne!