Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

dannebubinga said:

Yes! That looks like your finest work to date my friend :)

Lol, I know, it looks amazing... how the fuck am I supposed to contend against that?

Fuck you Darkreaver. :)

LigH said:

One single screenshot doesn't tell the whole in-game immersion...

That is true. ;)

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Probably one of the hardest things to do for an organic texture is to make it still look good when tiled across large areas. Well aside from the obvious of making it look good anyway.

Yeah. I wish I had made it larger than 128x128 in the first place but I was just starting to make new textures back then..

K!r4 said:

It is a lot better IMHO.

Yeah, so do I.

NaturalTvventy, isn't it a bit cramped?

I don't know, I just ask. It seems, but I can't be sure.

Doesn`t look cramped at all to me.

And that`s pretty funny coming from you Katamori, as I can`t remember seeing a screenshot from you that doesn`t look cramped ;P (I might mix you up with someone else though)

Katamori said:

NaturalTvventy, isn't it a bit cramped?

I don't know, I just ask. It seems, but I can't be sure.

When you're working with e1 monsters, you gotta make things tight or they are completely toothless. giving a player more than 256 units of space is often pushing it.

This is one of my more open e1 maps (with an increased monster count to compensate).

Foodles said:

Super mario 64 right? I have that same obsession.
heres something that I made

Nice! working with that wood texture's a bit of a pain right? 'cause it's not strictly 64x64.

That wood texture looks surprisingly cool with all that red. I don't recall seeing anything like that before. It seems to lend itself to requiring high resolution in order to look good though.

@ Kaiser:

Well, that's what handheld consoles were made for, they deserve the games which are suitable to have fun literally everywhere.

Kaiser said:

...The result of complete boredom and a strange obsession with a particular N64 game[/url]

Nice!

NaturalTvventy: That was only my first impression. But now I see I was wrong.

darkreaver: Yes, you're right. However, I'm not making maps at the moment.

The shading on shawn2 repeated over such a large space makes it just look like weird stripes... one of the floor0_1 set of flats might look better on the ceiling.

Most of the other grey flats are either too patterned or too plain. I'm thinking rotation is the way to go.

I haven't worked for a while I was busy with exams and I was temptated to play the iwads once again so I didn't find the time to work.
I started building a new map and so far I've built the castle's entrance, now I'm working on the inner halls.

Thats what I've built so far- the castle entrance.