Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Eris Falling said:

Maybe I should slow down a bit

Don't worry; if you spent longer time (2-3 or more years) here you'll realise that events are a bit slow here. =)

At least, it happened with me.

Eris Falling said:

Semi-offtopic, but here is my Doom(world) picture. Maybe I should slow down a bit

[img]

You're fine. You didn't even post in Source Ports. :P

[edit] Also, this has happened to me a number of times.

Not sure if it's been posted already or not, but on some site I found in the instructions enclosed in the Real Reloadable Weapons Mod 2 for *gasp* Doom 2 I found some funny junk in their pictures section. This was only a pinky finger's depth in:

*Looks at image of revenant standing on mancubus tripping over barrels shooting at Doomguy wearing green pyjamas.*

*Learns once again that that you can just never quite be sure what a new day will bring.*

Looks awesome. What map is that from, btw?

I can see a transparent switch box on or through the wall in that third shot. In fact that actually sounds like a good concept, using transparency to hide switches so that you have to focus hard enough to find them.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

*Looks at image of revenant standing on mancubus tripping over barrels shooting at Doomguy wearing green pyjamas.*

I think the mancubus is supposed to be attached to the barrels like its some sort of bike. :P

Yeah, the revenant is riding a trike with barrels for wheels (two on front, one on back) and a mancubus for frame. The fatso's flamethrowers also provide jet propulsion. And the revenant's got an arachnotron's plasma rifle.

Avoozl said:

I can see a transparent switch box on or through the wall in that third shot. In fact that actually sounds like a good concept, using transparency to hide switches so that you have to focus hard enough to find them.

That switch is actually the secret exit to E1M10 that was in the Xbox version. It originally didn't have a switch texture, but I thought it needed one, so I made a wall texture with a 75% transparent switch. Same is done to MAP02's exit to MAP33.

EDIT: Just realized that I got the placement of the secret exit wrong. Fixing this...

Avoozl said:

I think the mancubus is supposed to be attached to the barrels like its some sort of bike. :P

Gez said:

Yeah, the revenant is riding a trike with barrels for wheels (two on front, one on back) and a mancubus for frame. The fatso's flamethrowers also provide jet propulsion. And the revenant's got an arachnotron's plasma rifle.

OK. Ok. So I got everything wrong. But that's ok, 'coz doomguy is still in his PJ's.

DeathevokatioN said:

Looks amazing dude. I especially enjoy the first and third shots.

Nomad said:

I really like that third one. :D

Thanks guys. Always appreciate the feedback. This is the map I am doing with Alter. Moar screenies here for those interested.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

WIP areas from map 17 of TNT2.

*pics*

Looks awesome.

The 3rd shot is the best IMO; it's a great example of creative architecture.

The 1st one looks great too, but I really hope that pit isn't inescapable...

The 2nd is good, but it looks sort of weird how the columns' textures get cut off in the sky.

Processingcontrol said:

Looks awesome.

The 3rd shot is the best IMO; it's a great example of creative architecture.

The 1st one looks great too, but I really hope that pit isn't inescapable...

The 2nd is good, but it looks sort of weird how the columns' textures get cut off in the sky.

Thanks dude. :)

And yeah, there are 2 teleporters out of that pit. It is a hard pit to avoid completely.

Thinking about your comment on the columns' getting cut off...

Better perhaps?

Was going to suggest something like that to you KYKA. A lower light level underneath each arch for shading would top it off nicely.

You should also make the red lights animate/change colors... and lights glow, and some psychedelic stuff into those computer screens.. and then put the monsters and space marines dance around there! The DJ could be in that COMPUTE booth...

Sodaholic said:

I've reimplemented the cut computer animations from the beta.

Nice work. The COMPTILE would probably be better/less jarring though if it went through textures 1-2-3-2 in a sequence, instead of just 1-2-3.

...that made more sense in my head, but whatever.

Sodaholic said:

-pics-

Context?
Looks like a bunch of shots from vanilla doom (with very few modifications like the hidden buttons).

NiTROACTiVE said:

Hey Sodaholic, the screenshots you recently posted look cool but are they for an upcoming project?

Yep.

LkMax said:

Context?
Looks like a bunch of shots from vanilla doom (with very few modifications like the hidden buttons).

I think this is a commentary or response to the whole "doom 3 bfg edition" stuff

Catching-up with missing e-mail notifications for several weeks...

Mechadon said:

Cardboard BFG...love it :D

I remember there was a level featuring a cardboard Mancubus. It's a trap provoking you to shoot at it, attracting hundreds of (deaf) opponents to turn around and shoot at you.

I wonder if it was in one of the "Nuts" WADs. Don't remember clearly.
__

@ Sodaholic:

Regarding "DOOM-ZX" ... Entertaining. Possibly on par with "2nd Reality" by Smash Designs for C=64. :D
__

@ Eris Falling:

You missed linking the big screenshot with your thumbnail post.

And ... yes, indeed ... the most scary of all monsters!