Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Unless, I make the other stuff look similar style too (maybe I should have used Tekgren textures in the background level)... I was thinking I'd make a few different ones, so that I would have some explosive things for different level themes. For an example, these wouldn't make much sense in a Hell environment.

bitchin' status bar. It's oozing with style.

and kudos on the barrels. I tried to learn Blender but I gave up, and here you are setting a really fine example of how it's done :]

Tinkering with a 94 map to look modern. Here's what I got so far. The inset image is the original map before it was tinkered and the red circle is the location of the screenshot.

If anyone knows the original wad that has this map can you tell me please?

walter confalonieri said:

looks good impboy4... also the map you tuned up is brave.wad?

Yes that's the one, though it's not the one I used. The version of the level I used was in Nathan Lineback's wad compilation (E1M1), the inset map shows.

Jimi said:

Unless, I make the other stuff look similar style too (maybe I should have used Tekgren textures in the background level)... I was thinking I'd make a few different ones, so that I would have some explosive things for different level themes. For an example, these wouldn't make much sense in a Hell environment.

Honestly think they're a little too cartoony for Doom either way, but I'm definitely not knocking them, they look good. :D

Impboy4, everything looks great! It's like a very slick E1 type thing going on, especially in regards to the lights. Katamori, your focus on simplicity is nothing short of pure class but I think your gamma is a bit high.

Impboy4 said:

Yes that's the one, though it's not the one I used. The version of the level I used was in Nathan Lineback's wad compilation (E1M1), the inset map shows.

I hope you have retained the map's Pacifist (semi-)playability.

rf': Is that some game ported to Doom or everything is original? In any case, looks very interesting.

Impboy4: Awesome stuff, I love 1994 Tune-up and megawad.wad (too bad there is no list of original maps, maybe we could ask Nathan Lineback if he has it?), looking forward to this.

rf` said:
I need to stop starting new projects. At least this one is [relatively] easy.

Looks cool, I would definitely play with it. Blake Stone needs more love.

@rf`
Looking good.

@Memfis
It's Blake Sone I guess.

EDIT:

NoneeLlama said:

Looks cool, I would definitely play with it. Blake Stone needs more love.

Blake Stone needs a source port or SLD releadse. =P

EDIT 2: I mean SDL, not SLD.

Memfis said:

rf': Is that some game ported to Doom or everything is original? In any case, looks very interesting.

Zdoom.

A few screens, all thumbnails, cause 640x480 resolution sucks.

Screen 1:

Me fighting some pinky demons.

Screen 2:

Some room.

Screen 3:

Some water reservoir.

Screen Last:

Where I died, about 30 feet from the exit, heh...

I need to say something, two things, actually. One: Thank you, KiiiYiiiKiiiA, and Two: The map in those screens is not mine, it is actually found somewhere else on the forums. It has 3 maps: MAP01, MAP02, and MAP05, I'll post some screens of MAP02 and MAP05 soon.

Jimmy91 said:

That would be Vela Pax.

Yep, technically, I haven't even really tried MAP05, I can't run GZDoom with it, so I'll try in ZDoom soon.

Anyway, check this out:

MAP04 of Plutonia, the right slime pool at the yellow door; I found this during my second real stab at beating Plutonia, which I hope to do by Friday.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, but could someone just sort of annouce it when Vela Pax is complete? I'd appreciate it!

The Monitor said:

EDIT: I forgot to mention, but could someone just sort of annouce it when Vela Pax is complete? I'd appreciate it!

Hi! Thanks for giving the beta a playthrough. I hope you liked what you saw. It may interest you to know that I've made a ton of bug fixes and changes since that beta. If you find a bug or anything else that you'd like to tell me about the project, let me know. The best place to do that would either be the link Jimmy posted or the main project thread. I keep that thread updated with any progress I make so that's where you'll want to look to see when it's finally finished. I've been working on other project's lately though so it hasn't seen much love from me :(

Well, since it came up, I guess I'll post a teaser shot of the last big area I worked on for MAP04:

http://mekworx.the-powerhouse.net/mekastuff/pics/screenshots/vela%20pax/vpmap04_1.png

I liked it, although, in the beta that I have, the Blue Card battle in MAP02 was a little unfair to me, I barely scraped past it after I rocket jumped from the pit. May I suggest removing the Cyber there? I liked the wad otherwise.