Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

"Hmm, deja-vu!"

Spoiler

Those of you who don't spot the reference are probably wondering why there are computer banks in a Hell level. It's part of the joke ;)

It's not bad but it's just way too over the top. Plus it doesn't really blend well with the worn textureset.

Those shots kind of remind me of Metroid Prime Hunters in some way or another I guess. :P

I like it but yeah it looks out of place since everything in the future that isn't made of lights is supposed to be polished to a mirror shine.

those shots remind me of q3, I like! agree the lights could be toned down though

edit: that was @ rizera, though the above shots look nice too :)

I'll assume thats Threshold of Pain 2, what with the fire sky :p

I chose a weird time to see it too, with Final Doom's soundtrack playing. Dear god are the bonus tracks terrifying with surround sound headphones..

looks impressive, those shiny lights - the map looks cool too! I'm generous with my praise today! Or am I..?

on a serious note, I found it inspiring. :)

Ed said:

What port is that?

From the "Spectating" messages, I'd say Skulltag Zandronum. And most probably with that.

Ed said:

What port is that?

Looks like Skulltag/Zandronum ran with "hacked" OpenGL library which forces on and blindly applies stuff like bloom and ambient occlusion on everything (it looks like shit on 99% of maps but there are a few exceptions).

Okuplok said:

sector y sky, me like :)

Well spotted! :) I always liked that background and thought it would work well in a skybox (I'm a massive oldskool Starfox fan).

@Ragnor: Yes, it is ToPII.

@Rizera: Likewise. Those shots remind me of the "Tron bit" from Saints Row The Third.

Oh, hey! It's nice to see that some of you actually liked the shots as I did! Actually, these maps are not mine (unfortunately, because I can't map) but a friends. And unfortunately (again) those are CTF maps for Zandro, as Gez and DaniJ said. And also, I agree with Nomad and Ribbiks.

I think he has a really good mapping talent, even though he uses it for newschool stuff...

esselfortium said:

I'm sorry Rizera but that bloom just looks hilarious.

I actually like the shiny lights, even though I think they should be toned down a little!

kristus said:

It's not bad but it's just way too over the top. Plus it doesn't really blend well with the worn textureset.

I agree on that. But don't expect them to change these on the final version...he is quite stubborn.

Ed said:

What port is that?

Zandro, as Gez and DaniJ said!

scalliano said:

@Rizera: Likewise. Those shots remind me of the "Tron bit" from Saints Row The Third.

scalliano, that was EXACTLY the intention actually! :)

Da Werecat said:

Is that a dam? :)

Seems like, but even reminds me a bit of my once-dreamt open air sewer/tunnel type map which I failed several times to get into real.

Da Werecat said:

Is that a dam? :)

No, it's something like this I think:

Shadow Hog said:

Nice reflections.

Heh, looks kind of like a bunch of HOMs and slime trails to me. :) I know that's not true but that's what it looks like.

Memfis said:

Heh, looks kind of like a bunch of HOMs and slime trails to me. :) I know that's not true but that's what it looks like.

That's how confusing a pre-hadistic scene would look like.