Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

looks like tormentor and his old avatar had a baby

ps thanks mek :D no lie i keep opening your maps for inspiration lols

Nice map, Ribbiks. Some people complain about brown, but I love it. Especially when one contrasts it nicely with blacks and purples, like you have here. Although I think those areas could use some more brightness variation - like in the cubbies where the imps are standing, for instance.

It just occurred to me that if you swapped green for purple, then Barons of Hell/Hell Knights are gonna bleed purple, too, aren't they?

It's bugged sadly so I'll have to do it again, but here's an updated monastery entrance from my last gothic post.

Click to enlarge:

I'm pretty sure that it's an inverted room (floor is ceiling and ceiling is floor) but I see your point. Maybe have the lights be a little more level with the surrounding area it would work better.

I see your point. When I get round to redoing that room I'll switch them. Thanks guys.

@Cell below: Ah crap I thought those were aligned. I may scrap this room entirely and rebuild it as something else.

Eris Falling said:

I see your point. When I get round to redoing that room I'll switch them. Thanks guys.

And don't forget to avoid those repeating flats with non-fitting lower (upper) edging textures. IMHO that looks horrible how the metal barriers "cut" those rocks.

If the standard you're using is at least Boom, you can keep the aesthetic effect of the sunken lamps without making the floor bumpy while playing through use of transfer height specials. (In ZDoom, you can alternatively place invisible bridge things or invisible 3D floors.)

TheSpazztikOne said:

Still working on it. Hope to get the Command Control / Marine Quarters done by the time Summer hits.

Nice!

N_MARIKO by Yukio Ide. It's a pretty fun level with varied action. And 1996 silliness is always welcome.

Shadow Hog said:

It just occurred to me that if you swapped green for purple, then Barons of Hell/Hell Knights are gonna bleed purple, too, aren't they?

indeed. they also throw purple shit at you, it takes a bit to get used to :)

Ribbiks said:

indeed. they also throw purple shit at you, it takes a bit to get used to :)

Punch-flavoured ice cream! Oh wait, it was just a PUNCH :D

Memfis said:

have you thought about reducing the symmetry a bit?

To what extent? IMHO, this wouldn't look too great if it was unsymmetrical, but I could certainly move the pillars around a bit.