Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Jimi said:

I think it's some bug. Hopefully fixed soon.

Now that I'm aware of it, it will be. I have no reason to use a 16:9 aspect ratio with DOOM, so I didn't know this issue existed.

DaniJ said:

Now that I'm aware of it, it will be. I have no reason to use a 16:9 aspect ratio with DOOM, so I didn't know this issue existed.

Actually it seems to have been player-eyeheight being higher than the normal 41. Maybe the sprites should move with the eyeheight? The view models move with it...

DeathevokatioN: The torch next to the stairs could make some light. The fireplace looks nice.

It is intentional that the psprite is moved downward as the eye-height increases. It is not intentional that psprites are drawn 1:1 at a 16:9 aspect ratio.

DeathevokatioN: You definitely nailed the cozy feel. Even those skulls look like they're being gently rocked to sleep next to the fire, after a long day of flying around chasing each others' tails as Lost Souls. ^^

I'm noticing a lot of really, really good Heretic shots lately. I never really got into the game myself, but all the excellent screenies are making me want to give it a second shake.

DeathevokatioN said:

I wanted to go for a cozy atmosphere in this room... although there is a chance that you'll get killed here. ;)

Well done, if I had to die, I'd want to die in there :D

You do that, I think heretic have alot of potential and the more people will create for it, the better.

DeathevokatioN said:

I wanted to go for a cozy atmosphere in this room... although there is a chance that you'll get killed here. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/HYeILpn.png

Very cozy looking indeed :D

By the way, sorry about the noob question, but how did you manage to give the ceiling and the floor different lighting levels in the fireplace area? (I'm assuming you're mapping for Vanilla Heretic).

Sorry I haven't updated on my level's appearance recently; Since my computer glitched, I couldn't use the Wi-Fi connection and had to use Verizon, which has a bandwidth limit that I had reached, so I had to wait.

Here's 9 pictures of the newer parts of my level. Places of note are...well, the bridge, showing off that 3D Floors can use textures that have transparency! (I was excited to see this.) Also, since this is just pictures, this can't be seen either, but the two pictures that take place indoors show a "elevator" that secretly teleports you to the next area of the level (man, I wonder how multiplayer would work out on this level...)

@Jimi Ah, the infamous Tutti-Frutti; It's almost as if some person entered your level and painted random lines on your walls! (the software renderer's weird!)

Kind of reminds me of Red Faction's Mars landscape somewhat, just looking at the outdoor areas makes me want to play it.

Death Egg said:

http://i.imgur.com/sIY2aKW.png

y/n?

EDIT: Ugh, the picture got shrunk and all jpeg-y. Kinda ruins the point.

Hell yes. Looks a million times better than texture filters and other high resolution stuff I've seen.

Death Egg: I like that you can still see the pixel edge, so the player has the option to apply a texture filter if they so desire. Although the nostalgic purist in me misses the blocky edge of the original sprite somewhat.

schwerpunk said:

Death Egg: I like that you can still see the pixel edge, so the player has the option to apply a texture filter if they so desire. Although the nostalgic purist in me misses the blocky edge of the original sprite somewhat.

Ohh, I thought he was showing us his 1337 mapping skilz. Silly me. :)

schwerpunk said:

Although the nostalgic purist in me misses the blocky edge of the original sprite somewhat.

But they're still blocky, just smaller pixels. :P

Xane123: Nice landscapes. I also got a little bit Red Faction feeling from them. Those lamps on the bridge look a bit like they're floating, is there anything under them?

--

A new ending room for my level...

Jimi said:
Xane123: Nice landscapes. I also got a little bit Red Faction feeling from them. Those lamps on the bridge look a bit like they're floating, is there anything under them?

There isn't. I probably should find some odd way to edit the lamp picture while still blending in, shouldn't I?

@Cell The areas are actually grass, not Mars-like or whatever. The fog does make everything like Mars' color, though; I chose that color to match the sky, and the sky's colored that way because Hell's taking over.

Also, that room in 2/8 has some detail, just minor; I tend to not put as much detail in-bounds rather than out of bounds since 3D Floors quickly become tedious to handle when they're layered or whatever (since each has a dummy sector, and, on top of that, the said sectors quickly build up as more combinations are needed. The corners use slopes and it's hard to add detail near the slopes (or on them) since they're vertex-based slopes; How do you think the detail in the elevator can be improved?

My bad, I just didn't enlarge those images to get them properly.

Anyways, I've beavered myself away with working on Doomep47 again. E2M4's main outdoor area looks like an evil cat as far as I suppose.

What are all these impassible lines for? :) Looks like you're using some very strange mapping technique.