Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Gez said:

Xaseretic.

Don't make me make that now. I have enough projects as it is! D:

And thanks thus far!

Da Werecat: This is my favourite HUD so far, and I also like what (very) little I can see of the environment. It reminds me of some cave-exploring type adventure game for some reason. A+

I can see Doombuilder 2 under my eyelids. I need help.

playing with a border makes me feel claustrophobic.

also cool looking map 40oz, wish I could zoom in on that pic a bit more :)

Thanks, everyone.

schwerpunk said:

It reminds me of some cave-exploring type adventure game for some reason.

Ironically, it's the only cave in the entire level. It was added as an afterthought to connect some outdoor areas.

Hey guys, I have a question to ask you. First off, take a look at this photo of a WIP of MAP22 of Illuminatus:

As you can see, the texture SKSNAKE2 doesn't continue on from the bottom and cuts off. The same thing will happen with SKSNAKE1. Are there any maps in The Ultimate Doom or Doom 2 that has something similar to what I have here with SKSNAKE1 and/or SKSNAKE2, or not?

NiTROACTiVE said:

Are there any maps in The Ultimate Doom or Doom 2 that has something similar to what I have here with SKSNAKE1 and/or SKSNAKE2, or not?

None that I can think of.

I wouldn't worry about the alignment too much - no one will even notice unless they purposely go around looking for errors like that. Personally, though, I dislike the way you're using the texture/flat there. I'd probably inset them.

Dragonsbrethren said:

Personally, though, I dislike the way you're using the texture/flat there. I'd probably inset them.

I suppse he intent to do some "infestations".

mrthejoshmon said:

and my E1M1:

Just. Too. Much. Non. E1. Features.
(Couldn't keep. Otherwise, not bad.)

A ChocolorDoom offspring in RGB555/15 bit which should yield somewhat better quality than the paletted original but still retaining the grainy quality.

Since a good deal of time will pass till the main ChocolorDoom is re/done I' working on something which serves as a prototype... ChocolorLite so to speak.

Nice arches. The metal alignment is a bit off, though (look at the rivets).

In the dark indoor shot, the lighting is inconsistent -- I think it'd look better if the surrounding light sources were gradiented smoothly like the big light in the center.

I can't help feeling both of the outdoor scenes could be made a bit bigger :)