Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

schwerpunk said:

Sometimes I really wish we could make 'real' ladders or rocky, climbable cliff faces or vines in vanilla Doom... I get tired of having to find 'tricks' like lots of narrow steps. And platforms and teleporters don't always work (thematically) with the levels I'm making. *Sigh...* Modern vanilla Doomer problems, I guess.

I'm getting by with tons of 24-high stairs, and aesthetically it works quite well so far, but sadly they severely limit monster maneuverability. I wish the monsters had an easier time climbing up and down stairs.

mouldy said:

Work in progress: "spirit world" for d2ino

Very nice, I love it! :D

Antroid said:

Hey, D2INO has other cool maps too, like map04 or map29 B-)

And of course, it's masterpiece, MAP22 ^_^

Heh, D2INO kinda hijacked the thread there. All intentional, subliminal advertising and hyping

--
@Kassman: Fucking awesome shots there :) So glad to see it can still be finished by someone else, it looks like it might turn out as one of the best maps in the set
--

Now on another note, while it was cool to implement it, I can't understand too well what the point in having coloured lighting in ZDoom is. It looks horrible without the GL renderer.
Note: This room contains 100% more yellow keycard for the upcoming PlayStation 1 port of Final Doom :P

cannonball said:

and map06 :)

Why MajorRawne, why!?
Heh, as I said to mouldy, there's a chance that Ella Guro could be looking at the development of the project (I sent her a link to the second thread ages ago) and doing an evil cackle.
I'll probably e-mail her again when the Beta's out...

I have an active imagination.

Eris Falling said:

Why MajorRawne, why!?
Heh, as I said to mouldy, there's a chance that Ella Guro could be looking at the development of the project (I sent her a link to the second thread ages ago) and doing an evil cackle.

I have an active imagination.

Don't quote images dumbass, even when it's a picture of text

Ah the jokes, is majorrawne back on track then? I was talking about other map06.
Yeah yeah, I will get to it, that picture needs to become much more threatening :P

cannonball said:

Ah the jokes, is majorrawne back on track then? I was talking about other map06.
Yeah yeah, I will get to it, that picture needs to become much more threatening :P

Unfortunately not. He hasn't logged in for a month.
Also, holy crap, there's only a month left for the maps to be finished O_o That went fast.
Anyway, we're derailing. This is turning into the D2INO thread :P

EDIT: Fail

Anyway, in the interest of getting this thread back on track, Pharaoh is suffering in the current economic climate. As a result, cutbacks have had to have been made.

EDIT: Dear lord, the mods are loose in the thread! Ruuuunnn!

Eris Falling said:

Now on another note, while it was cool to implement it, I can't understand too well what the point in having coloured lighting in ZDoom is. It looks horrible without the GL renderer.

Depends what you're going for. 'Pure,' 255 colours look great, but for the gradients in between you have to experiment.

Eris Falling said:

~~~
Also, holy crap, there's only a month left for the maps to be finished O_o That went fast.
~~~

Holy shit, a whole month still left? For some reason, I was convinced that the date was 10th of June and not July. Whew, then I have a ton of time to finish map24.

Posting an image for content:

"This game has a lot of bugs!" (c) Serious Sam
The small ones that run around the floor have a tiny chance to bite your feet for 1 hp, which makes them still almost completely inconsequential but at least in rooms where there's a crapton of them you may feel slightly uncomfortable. The wallbugs are still completely harmless.

I was playing around in Nuts with Hideous Destructor, and started to notice the ever-growing green cloud of slime balls.

The curled mass towards the left is the homing green cloud. Kind of looks like a chart you'd see on the weather channel, right?

It grows larger

Antroid said:

Holy shit, a whole month still left? For some reason, I was convinced that the date was 10th of June and not July. Whew, then I have a ton of time to finish map24.

Thankfully not, since there are still several maps which need finishing, or even appearing at all (06, 08, 09, 16, 24, 27, 28).
Seeing them all listed like that ruined my optimism a bit.

Nice bugs by the way :P

--
Even at 96-bright, it's still fairly recognisable

Don't mind the small lighting oversight at the end

Dark enough?

I'm liking the shots. Especially mouldy and kassman's on the last page.

pictures.
http://imageshack.us/a/img41/8094/doom45.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img221/9375/doom44.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img801/3028/doom43.png

Going through a bunch of different ideas with this one. Not really sure what I want to do here. The archviles in the tower are on alternating perpetual up/down lifts right now, making for a wierd fight I guess... might also keep them sealed until a specific point, but need to find a suitable texture. I like zimmer7 and woodmet... but I just don't know... and I'm not sure about this structure or the arched part, or maybe just a redesign is needed.
http://imageshack.us/a/img59/668/doom46.png

Cell said:

Tiled wire? What a neoclassicism :D

It's a vent, I love vents!

(yes it's a wooden vent, and a wooden garage door also)

Ah, putting the Pac Man maze into a map, then realising it plays like utter shit and removing it...

...the section I've replaced it with is coming on a lot better.

TNT2 stuff looks tasty, by the way.

Katamori said:

A wooden vent?

Seriously?!

I find it hilarious somehow, Antroid :D but definitely not bad!

There's also the garage door and the marble skull-decorated tray thingies for the crates. Basically it's a room in some base that has it's textures mysteriously turning into inappropriate hell/gothic/whatever textures. It's spoooooky (>0.0)>

ComicMischief, that shot bears an uncanny resemblance to this:

from my in-progress wad. Although I have no intention of removing it :D

ComicMischief said:

Ah, putting the Pac Man maze into a map, then realising it plays like utter shit and removing it...

how surprising!

Katamori said:

A wooden vent?

Seriously?!

I find it hilarious somehow, Antroid :D but definitely not bad!

A lot of my designs are justified by just assuming that 'demons suck at interior design!' Would explain why most of my levels are crumbling apart (missing bricks, yay!). I also like to hide missing tiles and supports in secret areas - as if the demons stole them for their own little side projects.

Drawing inspiration from my days as an office drone, there. Closest I've ever been to Hell. :P

dannebubinga said:

I work with vents IRL and I have stumbled upon wooden vents in very, very old houses. :P So... yeah. Now you know.

My dream job right there :3

Memfis said:

how surprising!

I'd imagine that Pacman would be absolutely terrifying if it was played from first person. An invincible enemy capable of killing you in one hit can be coming from behind any corner! And to find the remaining dots, you should only get some sort of vague sense that would tell you that there are dots left in the direction you're looking. Did anyone ever make a fps pacman-type thing?

Heh, actually there is a map like that in some Zandronum mappack, it's called Stupid LMS (last man standing) iirc. It is indeed rather terrifying! But not very balanced unfortunately, it's all about luck for the most part.

Antroid said:

Did anyone ever make a fps pacman-type thing?

I saw this kind of game, but I don't remember where.

Antroid said:

Did anyone ever make a fps pacman-type thing?

There's a secret map in Wolfenstein 3D that includes the ghosts from pacman as monsters.

In Doom it could be a Pain Elemental collecting Souls to become Lost Souls.. and then some Space Marines trying to prevent it.

I know I've entertained the idea, but I'd only do it if I took the time to sit down and reimplement the ghost behavior as per the dossier, for that added touch of authenticity.

Well, except the whole "clipping through the ghosts at just the right moment" part.