Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Well you say that like it's weird, but I've got a lot of vents made out of SLIME14 and 15, and I may have one or two made out of 16. DEM1_6 hasn't occured to me yet though, and that makes me sad. But SLIME14 and 15 are my primary textures for vents (14 for sides and 15 for bottoms), FLAT3 is more of an exception for when things need to look cleaner.

Should've made a thread about vents.

Sadly no, but I'm thinking of branching off and going FLAT20/CEIL3_3. That would be pretty adorable, no?

Great shots Kassman

Jimi said:

a Cyberdemon got surrounded by his fanclub or a gang of stalkers who all wanted to have a part of him.

And later some imps decided to tear apart a Spiderdemon.. not that they ever even appeared to hit it. They were just so mad for revenge, they didn't even have anything funny to say about it.

Ugh... can you save this crap for the blog forum, please?

Antroid said:

CEIL3_3.

That is a pretty bitch. It took me a sad investigation that it is not 4x4, but 4x5, that means the vertical tiling doesn't have an int digit to be divided by. Anyways, FLAT20 is a way to go, but too tiny I suppose. Better try some FLOOR0_3, DEM1_5 or even the 32x64 ones to make it more varying.

The "shitty drawing" is actually less shitty than my sketches on which Doomep47 bases on. Anyways, that dark hall with the two containers(???) kinda reminds me of some kind of Tropicario or whatsoever.

Cell said:

The "shitty drawing" is actually less shitty than my sketches on which Doomep47 bases on. Anyways, that dark hall with the two containers(???) kinda reminds me of some kind of Tropicario or whatsoever.

Haha thanks. They aren't containers, just STAR textures (it's a test map, I really didn't put much into it) , but ZDoom's coloured light is really bad :P

I'm hoping - when I actually do this room properly in god-knows-how-much -time, that I can get the reactors to start rotating at some point during the map, seeing as they're kinda hard to see while stationary.

I know some folk around here don't like when levels get platformy; I do, if it mixes up the combat somewhat. Work-in-progress from my MAP08, where things get only mildly platformy.

Not much time for matters DOOM over the past week or so, but just took a quick swing at this inlet/lift/switch thing (previous version here). Still some fiddling to do, but happier with it now.

@ComicMischief +1 for platformy! It seems to me to be underexplored aspect of DOOM's mechanics.

ComicMischief: I'm not that kind of folk that finds platformy maps annoying, straight the contrary! I'm really enjoying them sometimes, at least, giving this glance at MAP08 suggests some really fun play in the near future.

Durian: ah, the Master of Lights is back! Seriously cool stuff.

ComicMischief said:

-cool pic-

I know some folk around here don't like when levels get platformy; I do, if it mixes up the combat somewhat. Work-in-progress from my MAP08, where things get only mildly platformy.

Platforming is great, fuck the police.

I like a bit of platforming myself, although maybe not when combined with damaging floors. It's interesting to see what you can come up with, especially when you factor no jumping into the mix.

EDIT: Heheh, I got wood..

"Magnet" duel release. Build time: 3-5 hours?-ish.

Check out my spam thread in the wads/mods section

Looking nice, BloodyAcid. The outer ceiling wall thingy in the first shot looks a bit thin for its height, though -- maybe thicken it to be 32 wide, and/or double it up with another sector as a 32- or 48-tall trim around it.

Well the atmosphere you got going there is nice but the sky looks to be riddled with ugly jpg artifacts.

Haha, yeah. The sky looks like it's being displayed by a giant CRT.

Looks really incredible otherwise!

Avoozl said:

Well the atmosphere you got going there is nice but the sky looks to be riddled with ugly jpg artifacts.

I've seen much worse. In Hell Ground, for example.

BloodyAcid I swear you are becoming better and better.

In maggot_army's pics, the sky is OK, I think.

The sky's a placeholder at the moment as I have made the decision to go from EDGE to Zdoom (UDMF). The level design is first priority before I start making new textures.

BloodyAcid: Nice details.

maggot_army: It could be brighter, or have some lights somewhere...

--

Started making another level... it's some sort of Gantlet inspired level. There could be some more of these long narrow areas with monsters on both sides. Maybe one of them could be curved...

from the 100 linedefs map challenge...

...and a room i made using cc4 textures, probably will come out from that a level too.

Katamori said:

BloodyAcid I swear you are becoming better and better.

Jimi said:

BloodyAcid: Nice details.

Thanks! Everyone strives to improve :D

I'll probably have another map up by the end of next week, if finals don't murder me halfway. Maybe something classic, idk.

Here, have some teaser images. It's a lame brick water base, with as messed up of a layout I could possibly come up with. (Oh, and don't mind the high gamma)