Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Yeah, I think mancubus missiles are actually modified lost souls (the "tail" looks the same).

Jayextee said:

Had to edit my post. Not 100 linedefs (there are 173 of those) but 100 lines.

You mean 173 sidedefs? I.. think? o_O

Gaaahhhh, I was right the first time!

Cursed heat. I'm blaming the heat. Certainly can't be my own stupidity, it must be the heat.

Getting there. The latter part at the top was intentionally made symmetrical. A preferred method for my maps is to give lower amounts of ammo rather than health.

Monster count: 650~

Jayextee said:

Cursed heat. I'm blaming the heat. Certainly can't be my own stupidity, it must be the heat.

You tell me? In my last post, I accidentally typed "raise" instead of "release". Goddamn brain, go home, you're drunk.

BloodyAcid: Getting close to the Deus Vult MAP05 phenomenon. :)

BloodyAcid: Kinda looks like it could be two levels.

mrthejoshmon: I think it looks more like new. Some of the lighting makes the ceiling look a bit weird.

Did some more textures and tweaked the previous. Now it's less cartoony colors. More like what I was first thinking of doing.

I'm getting a very pleasant Shogo: Mobile Armour Division vibe from these visuals.

I like the muted hues, myself. I just hope that you'll be spicing it up with some more colourful textures as well. It's all about the contrast, you know?

LSD saturation is for american gamers. Everything sweet and fat. ;) Nature is subtle, reserved.

Compare Serious Sam with Painkiller. 8O

Nice work, Jimi, looks like a not too far future.

LigH said:

Compare Serious Sam with Painkiller. 8O

Painkiller was a fucking terrible game, though. But it had nice visuals, that's true.

I downloaded DB2 not too long ago. These are screenshots of the first WAD I designed:http://imgur.com/a/e5N8G

Note: In image 1, the crevice is full of blood. Also, in 5, the soul wall whatever the fuck it's called is scrolling to the left. I also have a walk-over ambush line, where when you walk past a certain part, a door will open and an enemy will jump you. The enemy that does depends on the difficulty. Easy: 2 Former sergeants. Normal: 2 Chaingunners. Hard: A Hell Knight.

Yet another 100 Lines map, for my own episode.

I have only E1M8 to go, now. This should be fun. :)

Hurricyclone said:

BLUE MAP

I'd say the blue should be a tiny bit darker, otherwise looking really nice.

And while we're on the subject of blue, here's a repost of something from about 30 pages ago.

I have little interest in trying those first-person gun views any time soon, and while I can see the ideal maps for the project in my mind, I can't re-create them at all in the editor, for example: The start of MAP01 has a sort of cliff face similar to this shot from Vader's Paranoya. Not a clue how to create something like this though. It's maddening seeing something in your mind, and then being unable to actually make it. I'm wondering whether I should move on to something else, which leads me to a question:

How are the elements for a skybox made? I'm going for a hilly landscape, with a large moon in the sky and the sun in the very far distance. From what I can remember from KDiZD, I would make this through making the hills as midtextures, stars as flats/textures and the moon/sun as sprites, correct?
Sorry for drifting off-topic.

EDIT: Regarding BloodyAcid's post below, I feel I should say to Captain Sugar Hooters that if that really is the first thing he's created with Doom Builder, it's actually not bad. There have been far, far worse things created, with and without the "My first WAD" tag.

Captain Sugar Tits said:

Still better than my map.

That's the wrong attitude for starting out as a mapper. If you want to improve, you stop putting yourself down, (and stop assuming that others are putting you down), and just practice more.

There are so different opinions what a good map is. See DTWID. Such maps are not at all "detailed" and "credible" like those of BloodyAcid...

Da Werecat said:

Umm, no. Sorry.

Actually, very much yes. The gameplay was excruciatingly boring and repetitive, and most of the music was shit.

Painkiller was worth one playthrough, but that is absolutely it. Definitely had some good parts, but for the most part it was, as Antroid said, excruciatingly repetitive.

There are interesting settings to explore.

Yes, to explore. Secret hunting is quite satisfying in this game.

Antroid said:

The gameplay was excruciatingly boring and repetitive, and most of the music was shit.

I liked the music from the Snowy Bridge level. But yes, the gameplay was boring, player movement was too slow and I found collecting the green soul things frustrating because they always disappeared before I had a chance to pick them up.

On topic of Doom pictures:
A friend of mine told me to "crate a castle map of some sort, complete with a throne room and everything".