Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Obsidian said:

Dead Arachnotron

For some reason I really like using arachnotrons in anything I ever do, my fave Doom monster (second place goes to revenant :P) just because of how awesome and terrifying they were to me in the PSX version of doom.

Memfis said:

That's a nifty status bar Obsidian, did you make it yourself?

Actually it's a placeholder I got from ToP: I'll probably make a proper status bar later. I might do that now actually.

mrthejoshmon said:

For some reason I really like using arachnotrons in anything I ever do, my fave Doom monster (second place goes to revenant :P) just because of how awesome and terrifying they were to me in the PSX version of doom.

That ain't yer standard robot spider, if you know what I mean. ;-)

Obsidian said:

That ain't yer standard robot spider, if you know what I mean. ;-)

I remember him/her/it from a monster randomizer, it was one of the more subtle monsters in the wad (compared to imps that full on butt-fucked you on map 01 with just 1 hit or the lost souls that spat some sort of insta kill mind wave thingy), I don't like his/her/its high pitch screech when it spots you though.

I like it. I'm always a fan of minimalistic stuff, especially when it still maintains some kind of sense of style--and that status bar nails it. :)

I was thinking of having COMPBLUE behind the numbers, but there wasn't enough room. I might do it behind the mugshot though, it's a good notion.

I think compblue would look better behind the mugshot than the current texture too.

Also what map is that?

Avoozl said:

I think compblue would look better behind the mugshot than the current texture too.

Also what map is that?

It's a ZDoom map I've been working on sporadically over the last few months. It's almost finished. Heh.

@joe-ilya That looks pretty good. Try experiment a little with height variation and you'll be able to spiff that map up nicely. Oh yeah, and where's the HUD from?

Obsidian said:
First ever status bar! I reckon it looks alright. [/B]

Please tell me you kept the XDeath :P

Obsidian said:

It's a ZDoom map I've been working on sporadically over the last few months. It's almost finished. Heh.

Sweet, I'd like to try it when it's done

Obsidian said:

@joe-ilya That looks pretty good. Try experiment a little with height variation and you'll be able to spiff that map up nicely. Oh yeah, and where's the HUD from?

I made it with MSpaint.

Obsidian said:

http://oi41.tinypic.com/j0hd15.jpg

Funny, that lamp on the ceiling looks almost... gothic? I mean it's kind of like stained glass.

joe-ilya, you are seriously improving. In both mapping and editing. I mean, that HUD is kinda good, I swear.

Katamori said:

joe-ilya, you are seriously improving. In both mapping and editing. I mean, that HUD is kinda good, I swear.

Sweet.

The HUD is a simple edit, but it is actually fairly decent regardless. The map seems to be an improvement over your previous efforts too, good job there and hope it stands up ingame.

Yes I agree, you are improving a lot Joe. Keep up at the mapping man. Is that a personal use STBAR? I think I've seen you use it before so I just wondered if that would be in with the map set or not.

Status bar's looking great - love such stuff.
Reminds of the neat windows icons... those little pieces of art.

Memfis said:

Funny, that lamp on the ceiling looks almost... gothic? I mean it's kind of like stained glass.

Heheh, you like it? It's made out of the floor versions of the LITE textures you can find in the CC4 texture pack. The great thing is that you don't have to worry as much where they're placed on the map grid, as opposed to standard light textures.

I take it you aren't using UDMF then? That format can align flats.

EDIT: While we're at it, you can also rotate them and scale them. I presume scaling is the same as stretching shrinking the flats like you can do on walls in the BUILD engine. It is a shame wall textures can't be scaled/rotated.

Eris Falling said:

I take it you aren't using UDMF then? That format can align flats.

I never knew that. 0_o No, I'm not using UDMF: never had that much experience in it.

Basically there's no reason not to use UDMF if you're doing G/ZDoom specific maps.

Heh, I learnt to use Doom in Hexen format by watching the tutorials Chubz has on Youtube. It might be a good idea to have some tutorials for UDMF floating around.