Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Layout of my duel map. Haven't worked on it for a few days and the final release had to be postponed due to some weapon problems I started having after yet another hard drive crash. EDIT; I personally think it plays well, but someone went as far too say as "like an enclosed Judas" which is going a bit too far....

Rayzik said:

Wow, that's cool. Love the idea and the execution.

Which reminds me, I'm working on-and-off on this pretty blood-heavy map.

Probably end up getting mothballed, as I'm a bit stuck on the central aspect of it. Maybe I just need to simplify it.

P.S. Every time I make missing tiles now, I think of Antroid, and his dislike of such things.

@Springy: your_mum.wad? Is that the final title?

Also, I apologise for not posting hourly updates on ET01 and ErisTex recently, I blame...I don't know actually.

Eris Falling said:

@Springy: your_mum.wad? Is that the final title?

Damn, you're right, that underscore just doesn't fit. I'll take it out. Yes it is the final name. Put it this way.
Silly bloke: "Want a duel?"
Some Ponce: "Yeah sure, what map?"
Silly bloke: "How about; your mum?"
Some Ponce gets angry and fueled for duel making for a great to watch duel.

EDIT: Screen for a Blasphemer DM map I cooked up in a few minutes. The DM maps need starting for the 1.7 revision. So I might as well start them whilst we are waiting for our graphics member to continue with some work. No, this one is not called Your Dad before anyone asks. It's called Django. ;)

schwerpunk said:

P.S. Every time I make missing tiles now, I think of Antroid, and his dislike of such things.

Keep them. They add a massive amount to the character of the map.

Jimi said:

Maybe I have enough textures for some levels now. Maybe I'll make some characters and stuff next.
http://media.moddb.com/images/games/1/20/19999/screens_003.png

I'm loving the atmosphere in these screens Jimi, and the new slime texture looks great. My only suggestion would be that, for some of the floor/wall textures, the seams between the tiles/panels seem a little too prominent and uniform. If you look at comparable stock textures, the seams tend to be little less prominent, though still of course noticeable, and they tend to vary subtly in their hues across any given seam (I guess to represent their varying in how clean they are). Doing something similar here might improve things a touch, though just my opinion of course - the heavy-lined look might be precisely what you're going for :)

@ CorSair:

Your URL link was correct here. DropBox avoids deeplinks to images, it covers such links with a wrapping website. If you want to embed an image, use a specific image hoster (imgur, frupic, etc.) instead of a generic file hoster like DropBox.

Regarding your image:

I expect an ambush in this hallway. Lines of boundaries of possible gradual brightness sectors can be easily used for actions while passing. But making gradual brightness sectors is easier when specifically supported by the editor...

ye moldy skull 'n' crown
zimmer8 makes a good scuffed bone texture for big structures, maybe
i know it looks cartoonish but it makes me giggle

LigH said:

DropBox avoids deeplinks to images, it covers such links with a wrapping website. If you want to embed an image, use a specific image hoster (imgur, frupic, etc.) instead of a generic file hoster like DropBox.

Blargh.
Well then, either I'll register some image hoster (not really fancying myself getting another account) or just provide link...

CorSair said:

Blargh.
Well then, either I'll register some image hoster (not really fancying myself getting another account) or just provide link...

If you put the images in your 'public' dropbox folder (or a 'Doomworld' folder in your public folder), and then put the relevant public link between [IMG] tags, it works fine (it's what I do, anyway).

yakfak said:

[img]
ye moldy skull 'n' crown
zimmer8 makes a good scuffed bone texture for big structures, maybe
i know it looks cartoonish but it makes me giggle

Looks better than my black 'n white one. :P

You're gonna hate me for this, but some time ago, I wanted to make a gun with iron sights, but I stopped when I realized I'd suck at drawing it, but then I realized Call of Duty: Black Ops II could do it for me! I took screenshots of the R870 shotgun and removed the background behind each frame and I got this!

Yep, it's a Call of Duty gun in Doom...and also, ignore the Kumatora part...

@Xane123 : That's a really clean rip, now please don't use it in the 1000th mod that tries to emulate modern shooters on Doom.
Also, the sky texture in those shots is quite interesting.

yakfak: Cool skull thing. Makes me think of pirates... or the Phantom.. or He-Man!

Xane123: Looks quite ok. The iron sight ring could have some tweaking on the top. There's also some bright border pixels at the other.

--

I'll improve the level textures later when I'll make some palette. Now trying some sprites...

The model didn't have any texture, just some different colors assigned to the polygons. Seems it's more clearer looking than when I tried with models that had textures. Maybe it could have some simple texture though.

Oh, Jimi ... just like a Total Conversion of ... hmmm, something that never existed before. Perfectly retro.

The glossy armors might be a little bright, depends. Maybe you like them being easily recognizable.

CorSair said:

Now how come Jimi's pics reminds me of some other game? Can't remember what game...

Marathon, perhaps?

The diagonal view of the mask on the sprite men looks similar to the helmet in the Dark Arena mugshot.

It's the battle armor from Abuse minus the jetpack thing at the back. Not much possibilities for flying in Doom engine. Speed/Super Jump should be enough.

Hmpf! Abuse... that I call nerdy. Don't ask me why. Keyboard + mouse is okay für 1st-person perspective, but for Jump'n'Run?!

Well, Abuse is a shooter game (it's even got a DM netgame). The only platformer type parts are at some of the new levels that were added in the 2.0 version. Completely unnecessary parts in my opinion.. I always skip them with the ingame level editor...

@A.Gamma Thanks. Although it has iron sights implemented, they won't do much to improve accuracy so that can be avoided by the player. Also, the sky is a modified version of a Japanese fighting game, Fuuka Taisen's sky.

@Jimi Thanks, also! I'll probably fix the graphics once I get them at the right size, since the normal shotgun graphics are small, while the iron-sighted ones don't go to the center of the screen like they do in CoD!

Also, I still wonder if I should just have some thread opened for the mods I'm making rather than posting pictures here about them.