Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

So when you have "finished" it, there is no more room? It looks already quite battered... ;)

Still working on this a bit. Kinda sucks working around a palette of 512 colors.

(Also.. basically the outside landmark of the Toxin Refinery. Hopefully it's a decent remake.)

LigH said:

So when you have "finished" it, there is no more room? It looks already quite battered... ;)

well... kind of:

It goes into (an unfinished) cave area through a bombed out wall!

Katamori said:

Waiting for the final release! How many maps are left for a full megaWAD?

The Map 12 beta is about to be released, but the Habitat replacement is going to be a stand-alone one.

EDIT: the map 12 beta cannot be uploaded due to mediafire not responding.

mrthejoshmon said:

http://i.imgur.com/tjOcdS2.png

Me thinks it would look more 'battered' if the hole in the floor wern't quite so perfect a match to the tiles.

Even if you wanted to keep the hole square-ish to match the wall damage.

Or a few more tiles missing in the room might help.

Vermil said:

Me thinks it would look more 'battered' if the hole in the floor wern't quite so perfect a match to the tiles.

I agree. For plain old missing tiles (i.e. individual tiles missing, rather than a ragged hole torn into the floor), GSTONE1 works fine perfectly. Ctrl-R + A will actually align them exactly with the cracks between tiles as well. For non-square holes that would break the tiles, ASHWALL6 works perfectly, though. Example:

looks like rubbish because of the brightness,
but you get the idea

P.S. I really like your ASHWALL6 hole in the wall, and will probably steal the Hell out of that idea.

I've been dabbling in making stages for it, myself. Currently working on a basketball arena (a horizontally-stretched one, admittedly, since the original scale I'd tried was too small for Reelism's chaos, but still); I'm probably gonna have to redo the stadium seating, though, because my current method (using FOFs) causes the framerate to dip down significantly - and that's without the cameratexture on the scoreboard or the reflective plane on the wooden court. I've been merging the sectors together in hopes that'd alleviate the issue somewhat (I've already nixed over a thousand redundant sectors that way), but I'm not entirely convinced it is.

Also wanted to make a Moonwalker Michael Jackson boss (based on the arcade version), although I've been rather lazy about getting the sprites for it out of the sprite sheets, and I wanted to be able to pause or mute the music for his dance attack (which you have to have), but it doesn't seem ZDoom has those functions in ACS or DECORATE.

Aren't Jacko's sprites over on TSR ... oh, wait, there's hundreds of 'em ...

But yeah, more Reelism content is A GOOD THING.

Yes, they are; I've downloaded the sheets already. I've just never gotten around to taking 'em out of those sheets and into a WAD.

Another in progress duel map (textures will be changed). Based on my Blasphemer layout (just has two extra parts attached and one really needs reworking as it's too small).

Eris Falling said:

Argh you're stealing what I'm doing for the conversion of DNTTK: Mesa xD

Looks pretty nice though

I beg your pardon, sunshine? :P The only guy I've stolen off of is myself heh. Thanks for the kind words. I don't know if I showed this yet, but my map is practically released and has changed slightly.

Yep, textures could've been done better but I will worry about that at a later time, (I plan on doing a Titan and releasing a "mega" edition of all my maps). That's three maps practically done now. Best start another one.

Nice to see your sticking around, I guess my "I think I love you" joke didn't horrify you (much) afterall :p

The imp looks amusing, the shot is captured in a hilarious moment, its like GIVE ME A HUUUG. I see the HUD is now seemingly displaying Doomgirl or whatever she'll be called. I bet theres still a manly OOF and so forth though ;] No amount of HUD shrinking can hide that! (It could be a really effeminate man though..)

Does your project have a name yet?

@Scalliano: Those Reelism shots amused me just for the alternate HUD showing a wall of ammo

@Kevin: Very nice stuff! Are you utilising slopes for the lights in the first shot, or am I looking at it wrong?

@Willv91: Neat! The floors and ceilings are perhaps little busy for my tastes, but it looks very nice nonetheless. This is based on D2M1 right? So, is this from the south-side of the corridor leading to what would be the plasma/ASHWALL3 room?

Map 13: EWTP (Eastern Water Treatment Plant) first room (it does not begin in the room :P)
Entry.

Look! Actual water in this place!

I decided to TRY and make better lighting in my wads...

And I lifted up the keypad and stuff on a computer, it has transparent edges for some reason:

@Nomad - Thanks man, i'm experimenting with things out of my comfort zone

@Willv91 - Thanks man, nice screenshot you got there too.

@durian - Yes, i'm using slopes.

For experimenting that how will I be able to add custom textures to Doom, I implemented textures from my first ever finished game.

These textures have originally 8x8 px resolution, this is stretched to 64x64 standard flats.

Well, it's clearly way too small resolution for Doom. Maybe this pic doesn't give it well, but trust me, it's worse while actual playing.

I must learn a lot about pixelarts.