Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

My attempt at an "Art Deco tech base reception area", what with all of the stucco and bare brick work. Could do with some overly pretentious artwork on the blank walls, perhaps...

Slow progress, DAMN YOU GTA V!

but I have started to attend to that mine area for the Habitat replacement I am doing.

I have started to dick around with lighting, far shot and close ups:

Rayzik said:

@KevinHEZ: Needs more lighting! But it otherwise looks exquisite.

It's supposed to be a abandoned industrial zone, but the factory is still working, thats why it has a grey fog and some light are out, but thanks anyway xD

@Marnetmar:

Maybe, maybe not, who knows?

@Ledillman:

Thanks, i'll keep posting when i make some more progress

That map is way TOO dark, kevin! Yes, we are in two telling you to add more lighting there... Anyway it's a cool map so far....

durian said:

Things are a little tidier now, so here you go:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28198906/DW/Screenshot_Doom_20130920_135708.jpg

Still very much work in progress (the surrounding ledge and teleport booth are place-holders). I switched from water to nukage - seems to work better with the brown of the rock.

Wow... I've got to say that that's incredibly eye-pleasing.

I wish I could make areas look how I see them in my head, or have any idea how to go about making it seem like that with no problem at all. I'm currently about to delete my second attempt at the exit to MAP01 of teh twilite (MAP01 is still nowhere near finished) and try again.

I can see the area in my head so clearly. I think this shot from Phobos is lurking in my head as I imagine it. There's only 1 platform though and the rail disappears into a super-dark tunnel, with various terrain effects (or maybe just semi-circular would be easier to do) and dynamic lighting spaced out to give this sort of effect but with the gaps between the lights bigger. And red.

In my head it looks pretty stunning. In reality it looks like this.

I mean. Come on. It looks nothing like how I envision it.

EDIT: Kevin, its not too dark at all. Your shots are looking fine.

@ Eris: I think it would look a lot better if you faded the lighting from the brightness of the platform to the darkness of the tunnel. As it stands, the contrast is too great for what you're trying for.

Also, it'll probably look a lot better with some detailing. For example, an archway or something might help make the visual transition. Maybe some pipes in the walls... i dunno

That new stats page looks fantastic! Did you create the weapon sprite in shot one? Looks like cacoward material to me so far, keep it up.

Thanks guys, I'll flip it round so I have more space to work with, and a brick semi-circular tunnel instead of terrain. Assuming I have enough detailing ideas, I should actually make something presentable.

Springy: Your-adopted-orphan-daughter's-son.wad?

Eris Falling said:

Thanks guys, I'll flip it round so I have more space to work with, and a brick semi-circular tunnel instead of terrain. Assuming I have enough detailing ideas, I should actually make something presentable.

Springy: Your-adopted-orphan-daughter's-son.wad?

Nope, I like to call it (wait for it), Farting in the Bahamas. :P No, that's not the name, it's called Aerox now but it was originally going to be called F.I.T.B.

Thanks for pointing those out Durian. I can't seem to fix the top one however (I adjust it but then the bottom becomes misaligned). EDIT: In the end, I replaced that with METAL2.