Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Eris: Inspiring spires. Reminds me of something, but I can't quite name it.

A.Gamma: A castle in the sky? The white blobs on the floor look a bit weird.

--

Update on my shotgun sprite, a bit more work on the sighting device.

I decided to change the texture pack from CC4 tex to esseltex that I found gathering dust on my PC. This is my DWMP thing still looks quite basic at the moment but I'm only going for a generic slaughter map style when I implement all the things.

Not necessarily an in-game post, but I opened one of the boxes in my closet that I haven't opened in years. Found my original mail-order Doom I disks from early 1994, and my Doom II box. Unfortunately, I'm missing a disk or two from both. Anyone know where I could find replacements? Anyways, had to offer them a Halloween sacrifice of chocolate.

The Disgruntled Yeti said:

Unfortunately, I'm missing a disk or two from both. Anyone know where I could find replacements?

Since you've provided proof of purchase, someone might be considerate enough to PM links for a couple of disk images, otherwise eBay or Amazon are your best bet. Which disks are missing?

I want to show you my map layout :)
The red crosses are areas that cannot be reached by the player :)

Deceptively small, layout wise.

Looks a lot bigger in the earlier pictures (Are all pictures so far from this map, or just the previous post of yours?)

Yeah, its definitely bigger than it looks on the automap.

Then again I looked at TNT Evilution's levels to compere them to TNT2 Devilution's completed maps and thought "Were those levels REALLY that small?" Never judge from a map layout alone..

Also, that was August!? I always forget that Doom has its very own timeflow thats very different from the rest of the world

Still in rough stages but good enough for a screenie I reckon

edit: thank god for tntem

Willv91 said:

Very, very heavy Quake vibe from this. It's probably the lava portal there.

Willv91 said:

I want to show you my map layout :)
The red crosses are areas that cannot be reached by the player :)

Looks Doom II Map01-inspired...am I the only one that sees that?

If I remember correctly from Willv91's previous shots, that's precisely what it is, with a more gothic/medieval theme (I think).