Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

From an abstract perspective, that isn't bad, even if it is pretty basic. It's clearly an Imp throwing a fireball. Not so keen on the artefacting, but I do like the minimalism. Although personally, I'd get rid of the fireball.

Reminds me of the opening to Dwarf Fortress...

schwerpunk said:

From an abstract perspective, that isn't bad, even if it is pretty basic. It's clearly an Imp throwing a fireball. Not so keen on the artefacting, but I do like the minimalism. Although personally, I'd get rid of the fireball.

What would I put instead of a fireball then?

BTW, finished MAP10, now it's time to decide which MIDI should I put in it!

Here's a room that took me about 8 hours to do. I feel like the ceiling needs a little more to make it interesting as being really high only hides it at the other side of the room. A large expanse of wall not in shot is plain too, but I'm going to go for some large-scale stuff to sort that out.

This is the main room in Warpzone II for the 5 Rooms of Doom thing.

http://i.imgur.com/0mPmO8x.png

Excuse the screenshot notifications in the top left, I was trying to get a shot of the lights when they were lit up. Likewise the weird screen resolution was because I remembered after the screenshot that 1440x900 was too big, so I resized it to 55% width and 70% height, which was almost 800x600.

Im a superfan of contrast, but those dark panels looks like black holes compared to the surrounding metal panels

Also your lighting seems a bit weird in your first shots

darkreaver said:

Im a superfan of contrast, but those dark panels looks like black holes compared to the surrounding metal panels

Also your lighting seems a bit weird in your first shots

The lighting is no where near finished, its just some placeholder stuff before I get round to the lighting.
I also can't find a fitting texture that could go in between those lights, I was thinking some concrete textures would do but they look extremely odd in the setting.

Dutch Doomer said:

More rooms added, I'll probably need to do some extra work on the rocks.

I've got to say that Quake II textures look great in Doom. Is there a WAD out there with these textures?

schwerpunk said:

Whoa @ the edges of that lower cliff. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you've used a sidedef texture as a flat. Looks good, actually!

I think you're right yeah, looks quite nice indeed. I will probably change some textures eventually. For now I just focus on getting the map finished.

Fernito said:

I've got to say that Quake II textures look great in Doom. Is there a WAD out there with these textures?

Yup you can download the Quake 1 and Quake 2 textures here:
http://www.doomworld.com/afterglow/textures.shtml
There are more texture wads on there which I would like to try out sometime.

Haha - the chef's awesome.
Seems the yellow flame the Doomguy's seeing during an attack actually stems from some kind of sinister cookery blowing up in his face... eggbeater of hell.

EDIT:

One of my favorite things in Russian Overkill, a nice fire display with homing flames from this particular gun.

BTW I'm sober now.

Couple of pics from my ongoing megawad..

"if you can still see the floor, you need to add more"

We who are about to die salute you

mouldy said:

Couple of pics from my ongoing megawad..

"if you can still see the floor, you need to add more"

We who are about to die salute you

I need this. Now.

More RO stuff: showing one of the Class 8 weapon effects (no, the gun I'm holding right now is not a Class 8 weapon nor did it fire that yellow stuff).

There's a flying mancubus corpse in the second image :D.