Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Doom IRL.

These are outside my office building.

Every time I see them, I think of TLMP, or maybe a cross between TLMP and COLU.

Those actually look quite neat and would fit in a Doom wad nicely..if I wasn't being lazy right now I would give making them a go!

Working on a third episode map for TNT: Evilution. By far the most fun map I've ever made:

http://i.imgur.com/OmTqcoD.png

http://i.imgur.com/kILteRH.png

With this map Im really trying to capture the TNT feeling of a dream like adventure. Gameplay will be paced similar to the original, with a relatively low monster count and tons of lower tier enemies. Let me know what you guys think.

EDIT: sorry for giant images

Some more pictures.

All of these are from an upcoming vanilla wad that I probably should have already finished should be coming soon. I think I was channeling Skillsaw in that last shot.

Started a new vanilla Doom map for E1M1, this might be a sequel to my other two Evil Unleashed maps.

And my "Circle of Tyrants" map for E3M1, which is far from done.

Lots of work to do...

Time to join in on the fun.

The first two screenshots are from Flay the obscene - Reversed. The first, original level of the series revamped and played backwards. Just a crazy idea I had today, perhaps something fun can come out of it:

This screenshot is from a episode 2 map I'm almost done with. I look at it as sequel to "Rip it, tear it, smash it" so it'll probably be named something akin to that:

Chris Hansen said:

(...) revamped and played backwards.

Short off: in early-mid 2011, when I didn't find enthusiasm in myself doing any work to Doomep47, I decided to have Vice Versa MAP19 the "redone and played-inverse" version of Doomep47 E4M9 (formerly E4M2), the map with a conception of starting off in a Hellish environment and then arriving at a base.

The point is that I'm happy I'm not the only one doing weird things :)

Awesome, Cell. Weird things and Doom go together like bread and butter. And, I had a sneaking suspicion that someone might had this idea before me. Ain't gonna stop me though! :)

If you don't press it, you will be stuck in this labyrinth for eternity, until you will be dead along with those who are buried.
But are they dead, or simply sleeping?

Chris Hansen said:

Awesome, Cell. Weird things and Doom go together like bread and butter. And, I had a sneaking suspicion that someone might had this idea before me. Ain't gonna stop me though! :)

I'm not sure if I get it. What exactly is it that you guys are doing? What's the weird thing?

That E2 map looks cool.

darkreaver said:

I'm not sure if I get it. What exactly is it that you guys are doing? What's the weird thing?

Doing a remake based on a certain level, only turning its progressing way around. Works well only on levels that have their starting and ending areas at the same weight of being grandiose.

Cell said:

Doing a remake based on a certain level, only turning its progressing way around. Works well only on levels that have their starting and ending areas at the same weight of being grandiose.

Hmm, yeah I think I get it =)

Like:
Tech base with portal ----> ancient lands of gloom and doom

Ancient lands of gloom and doom and a portal ----> tech base ?

MAP 12, "Cenotaph". I was kinda disappointed on how flat this one turned out, and I may have gone a little overboard on the random lights hanging from the ceiling:

Back to MAP11.

Rayzik said:

MAP 12, "Cenotaph". I was kinda disappointed on how flat this one turned out, and I may have gone a little overboard on the random lights hanging from the ceiling:

[images]

Back to MAP11.

Looks very interesting.

It is 11:35 at night, and I'd forgotten I'd hidden this demon in a 96-bright tomb in a corner.

I was not pleased.

My second MAD megawad submission - turned out longer than I planned. The most scripted thing I've ever made (nevermind it's over 50% print functions:P ). Doesn't look good at all, though. But I post it anyway.

Dutch Doomer said:

Started a new vanilla Doom map for E1M1, this might be a sequel to my other two Evil Unleashed maps.

And my "Circle of Tyrants" map for E3M1, which is far from done.

Lots of work to do...

Looks superb! I love a good hellish map.

darkreaver, don't you think the sky is too bright for this kind of lightning? It seems like you are trying to do some kind of twilight effect, but I still think you should increase the brightness a bit.