Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Memfis said:

Just stumbled upon a ridiculously simple yet so convincing "3D Bridge". Awesome idea!

That's nice! What map is it from?

I found a site with a bunch of cool obscure wads, this one is called "Sewage Works". I uploaded all of them to /idgames.

Neat! Never even occurred to me before to do that. Does the trick pretty well so long as you don't look too closely.

Memfis said:

The first picture looks quite interesting from what I can see (not much because it's too dark).

Uh, Dark? hmm yeah, it's probably too dark, but I can see it perfectly I think it's because my screen

Memfis said:

Just stumbled upon a ridiculously simple yet so convincing "3D Bridge". Awesome idea!

I already saw this in vanguards first map with that body closet in the beginning.

joe-ilya said:

I already saw this in vanguards first map with that body closet in the beginning.

ah yeah. I knew I had seen that recently somewhere. I played that map a handful of times and only just now noticed it on my last playthrough eh

Memfis, Cell: actually Skillsaw have used the same trick in Vanguard, at the very beginning of MAP01, but se created a tomb top instead.

Katamori said:

Memfis, Cell: actually Skillsaw have used the same trick in Vanguard, at the very beginning of MAP01, but se created a tomb top instead.

Will see then! I actually have to broaden my répertoir in must-play wads over again, since I took a larger break by now.

Katamori said:

Josh, I swear you have improved from a mediocre-but-decent mapper to an average-but good one! Nice works.

Thank you good sir! Who knows, maybe one day I could map with the best of them...

Providing I keep learning.

Also, will that map you are working on makes it way into your megawad (providing you continue it and/or re-do the lost maps)? BTW the wine bottles look nice :D

@Ledillman: Looks very promising actually, looks like a nice little adventure into a darkened base *steals concept for later map*

@Memfis: I have just bookmarked that site, good find!

@Shadow Hog: This is why I love LGR and his videos.

-

MAP09 (Derelict) is nearing final improvement stages, here is some subtle but important changes:

Much horror, very creep (Flickering dead body light in a hole in the wall):

Many subtle changes to this room:

New section of the ship:

The stairs are no longer like jumping down a cliff, bad picture of it though:

And much more combat on this vessel:

Many more unlisted changes involving extra space and details and shit also occurred.

Decided to practice speedmapping and finished one map in one day (note: it's way darker and more atmospheric than this, the map is vanilla compatible too.)

EDIT: I totally forgot to remove my custom-made purple palette when testing. Oops >_<.

Heh, a mauve coloured Pinky Demon, I would imagine though the purple colour change would spoil the colour of the blood textures.

Looks boring but that's Chocolate Doom running with OpenGL-based scaling. It's a pretty big improvement.

fraggle said:

Looks boring but that's Chocolate Doom running with OpenGL-based scaling. It's a pretty big improvement.

Looking good Fraggle! I might borrow this for DOOM RETRO, although I am proud of my scaled blit function...

Some little improvmentes from last time I think

so, come on back and see, just what you mean to me. I need you, I need you.

A GZDB shot..

1 point to whoever can guess what happens if I turn full brightness off...

Not sure what soundtrack would go best with that room. Nyan Cat or Club Doom?