Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

LigH said:

Is that a mayan texture set?

They're mostly taken from Hexen II and the second Quake expansion pack.

maybe somewhen, it would take years to complete since this is only 1/4 of the whole map and most of it is still empty...

Da Werecat said:

Yeah, quite epic. I wonder what type of gameplay is possible on a layout of this kind.

This was planned to be a slaughtermap. Anything else would have been a waste of space, reffered to the size of the map

Great shots joe-ilya, Katamori, and A.Gamma!

I know I shouldn't post incomplete rooms but anyways; random ZDoom project that will include different worlds and nightmares, this is one of them, but i feel to lazy to complete it.

In fact, i stayed in bed yesterday and probably today too.

Thanks, 40oz, damn pleasing to hear these words from the creator of UAC Ultra. Ledillman, your work is also nice, I've always loved "meat-hell only" maps. I also should make one, damnit...

Anyway, another example of rethinking ideas: Mastermind's Realm is changed to Mastermind Monument. Inspired my Sunder's "Hag's Finger", and attempted to put a similar layout into Vanilla Doom. Result is a mixed bag, though I'm quite sure that it's gonna go well, since the playfield is kind of small.

(EDIT: 2 hours and no opinions? damn, it's the third occasion at least...if I'm that boring, just tell me, I'm gonna know about that at least :D)

I quite like the first pic but the architecture is a bit thin in comparison to it's height in the others. I'm a fan of more chunky architecture for better and worse :-)

My turn again, anyway...

Visions of Hell #3: Crematorium

This one took a little longer than the other two. Vision #4 might be later than I hoped.

It seems I've nearly completed a map...A very short map, but a map nonetheless.

So that's one...

Nice looking map Eris. I really like those curved, layered shapes in the bottom left. I'll have to remember to steal that look :-P Maybe the skylight could do with being lifted 32 units or so in that same shot.

purist said:

I quite like the first pic but the architecture is a bit thin in comparison to it's height in the others. I'm a fan of more chunky architecture for better and worse :-)

I wanted to look something like this, but there's a visplane limit, you know... :)

I love your design with those wide areas, your maps can't be bad at gameplay with so much places to escape.

@Eris Falling, looks good actually, it will be one of the very rare non 90's maps I will play if it gets released :P

@Purist, That architecture is extremely nice and refined looking, it reminds me somewhat of Half Life for what ever reason (Maybe just the concrete) and has sparked my interest.

@Katamori, monumental structures are terrifying and that is god damn huge! It looks menacing as hell man, nice work!

-

This map was a mine at one point, I have no idea what happened to that part though so here is a satanic sacrificial chamber in all its blocky glory :D

(Ignore some of the lighting for now)

mrthejoshmon said:

This map was a mine at one point, I have no idea what happened to that part though so here is a satanic sacrificial chamber in all its blocky glory :D
http://i.imgur.com/OP4hWEm.png

For some reason, that first shot has a very Quake-ish feel to it.

Avoozl said:

Looks quite good.

Thanks man.

Fernito said:

For some reason, that first shot has a very Quake-ish feel to it.

Yes, it does kind of look like E3 or E4 of Quake.

Da Werecat: I like the scifi stuff there.

mrthejoshmon: I got a Heretic E1M1 feeling from it. The stairs after the yellow key door.

I haven't made anything Doom for a while, but I just made some Doomish textures recently: http://media.moddb.com/images/games/1/20/19999/icky_stuff.png

They probably look like some hell textures, but I'm thinking they will be some form of "biowaste", whatever. Some of them might be liquids, and maybe all of them should have some slow movement.

http://imgur.com/a1CoBlT

I started a boom mapset using a custom bex patch I made. notable changes are the SSG becomes a quad shotgun, and new monsters include a suicide bomber and a grenade zombie

tourniquet said:

A long abandoned project. But sometimes i get back to it just to enjoy the view.

[pic]

Looking great! Now stuff one thousand revenants and 100 cyberdemons. Oh, and some pistol ammo, those shooting triggers won't activate by themselves!

[/J.J. Jameson]

Hell YES! Didy is back in business. I cannot wait to get my hands on that level as it looks amazing so far. I love the theme you have going there.