Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Have you thought about making a bigger version of the voxel Dopefish if that's possible?

Thanks a lot for the comments, guys! :)
I wasn't expecting such a reaction, haha.

Jimmy said:

I'm 99% sure that's the same magenta light texture from the Darkening E2 you were retching over during one of Tarnsman's streams last year. :P

Correct, and unmodified. :)

If anyone's interested in where I got the inspiration for using the pink in such a way; I started listening to some retro futuristic (80's vision of what the future would look like; basically a cyber punk reality with streaks of neon lights and full of fast cars and fantastical technology, heh) electronic dark synth, along with playing Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, and watching movies like Blade Runner and Akira. And I started getting to adore the cheesy art direction portrayed in all of the above, and started zoning out while mapping and listening to said music, and it destroyed my mapper's block. Pink will never be the same again. ;)

"It is now 2004..... death, plague, starvation, motorcycle gangs, mutants and crazies run rampant, the streets have been ripped apart by WW3, and a corrupt government now pays the gangs to carry out their dirty work in order to protect the self elected president's interests and to spread fear onto the civilian population... the last hope for justice are the cyber police squadron!!! Armed with laser shock rifles, leather jackets, motorcycles, enhanced mechanical eyes and lethal precision... they aim to bring the full arm of the law back onto the streets... and bring all those who stand against it to justice... forever."
*cue one of the songs above*
B|

Starring:
Sylvester Stallone
Arnold Schwarzenegger
DeathevokatioN
Esselfortium
Darkreaver
[WH]-Wilou84
franckFRAG
kmxexii
Marnetmar

Okay I'll stop now. :P

Oh, and nice screenshot Ledillman!

Hey thanks!
Well, i'm not sure about making a bigger version of Dopefish, it took me a while to make that medium-small size, and it was a little bit frustrating ( Slab6 controls are a mess).

But you mean with bigger like making it a player-size enemy? if that, is not in my plans, not for now, but i'll consider it and make a bigger (and better) version of Dopefish in voxel.

The artwork of the thumbnail for the "Powerglove - Nightforce" video gives me strong Judge Dread and Robocop vibes for some reason.

Tylerisepic1 said:

Using Extreme Weapons Pack on Zdoom

Does the pichenette only kills green monsters?

Hey DeathevokatioN, I am surprised making party of the list :P

I like very much these musics, I am going to keep them in a corner to listen to them. It would help me for the inspiration :)

Otherwise, I work on a vanilla map, I would like finishing it for my birthday, but that will certainly be too just x)

I'll post an overhead view too. Maybe a vanilla map as well, haven't tested yet but the detail is around mm2 level so maybe it will work.

likin' both the above overhead shots, lotsa interconnected goodness.

Even though it's usually irrelevant to actual gameplay I'm a fan of aesthetically pleasing automaps, franck's in particular looks nice and compactly organized :)

Some good architecture there Marnetmar: maybe have some vines adorning a few walls to add some variety.

I really like that pair of windows back there on the right. align your bricks yo!

Those look an awful lot like levels for some platformer.

In the first pic, the pillar-esque things are schematic marks for me; those are the lines between cars in parking lots.

But yeah, you're right, specially the second one looks like a bizarre Super Meat Boy fanmade map. :D

I don't know, have I posted this before? Another lev on paper. Imo these are kind of fun to look at, try to think what the areas are supposed to be like, etc.

DeathevokatioN said:

Okay I'll stop now. :P

You can't NOT post Nocturne City after that

EDITED FOR SOME RELEVANT CONTENT

Just screwing around with BTSX resources

I actually just found a really old doom notebook of mine from when I was like 12, so I'll probably post a bunch of those map layouts too just for the funs once I get them scanned

Memfis, your sketch is actually even more precise; I've never found it necessary.

Hellbrary is the proof that it's not a big problem.

Fourth shot is my favourite, others aren't as good IMO. Not your mistake though; I just simply don't like these recolored textures.

Personally I think the flat in the first shot looks alright. The reds and blues are definitely a bit silly: rig up ANIMDEFS and you've got the classic Rave Floor!

Some days ago I posted some map sketches I did - well, The Parking House is about to go real!

The entrance:

Looking back:

A lighting solution I did, please tell me what do you think? Is it ugly or OK?

"Halls of the Damned" used vent textrues this way, if I can remember well. That was my favourite Doom map, needless to explain.

And finally, some parking lots! I think it looks damn good, what do you think?