Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Creaphis said:

I think I remember different screenshots in that post. I guess maybe new screenshots were uploaded to that directory and overwrote the old ones?

Yeah that's actually exactly what happened. At first I was insulted because Mill is a really bland and ugly map, and I would never want my maps compared to it.

JohnnyRancid said:

Yeah that's actually exactly what happened. At first I was insulted because Mill is a really bland and ugly map, and I would never want my maps compared to it.

heh. agreed, mill is bland because it's a lot of long, rather empty corridors. ugly? i like the brown metal + lamps base style, that's all. take a look at it, the first screenshot reminds me of the beginning where you fight some arachnotrons in a large hall, even the stairs and the central tower-like structure. the last one is near the end where you flip a switch and a monster crowd appears between the portals. i liked watching them kill each other from the "bunker". and the one with the cages, i think there were revenants inside them, although i'm not sure about the map, haven't played TNT for years. but it can't be that bad if i remember it so well ;)

Kyka, in my opinion, you are good at detailing but your maps focus too much on minuscule details when your architecture could use a little work, because a lot of your stuff seems all straight and square, and some of the walls bare. Don't take this as offensive, I'm trying to offer some constructive criticism. Plutonia 2, in my opinion, is some of the best looking doom maps, because of it's great level design.

And, I have always liked Mill for some reason, haha.

Hmm... what about a map made all out of coherent, unrepeated paintings? Screen 2 gave me this idea, as in instead of having all those grey bricks, have various paintings everywhere, like in an eastern church.

printz said:

Hmm... what about a map made all out of coherent, unrepeated paintings? Screen 2 gave me this idea, as in instead of having all those grey bricks, have various paintings everywhere, like in an eastern church.

Don't even try to complicate myself into aligning crap. I've already had aligning issues with the front gate in Screen 1.

JacKThERiPPeR said:

Don't even try to complicate myself into aligning crap. I've already had aligning issues with the front gate in Screen 1.

Doombuilder lets you align stuff in 3d mode with the arrow keys, by the way. Really handy for manually tweaking stuff.

printz said:

That'd be a sight to see - a church decorated with Goya's Black Paintings. :-)

A map I started today.
I just thought I would post it because its diffrent then my usual maps

Entry:

Hallway:

Foyer [switches activate Bar lights]:

Balcony:

GreyGhost said:

That'd be a sight to see - a church decorated with Goya's Black Paintings. :-)

Oh, you mean the church? Well, maybe there would be a second edition for the eyecandy delights with some tweaks on the map. So, yes, that would be nice to have the church as the Antichristian Michaelangelo's masterpiece.

JacKThERiPPeR said:

I wonder if those are for sale in Spain...

They are not for sale anywhere, I ran a t-shirt business for a few years so I could get away with stuff like that.

DuckReconMajor said:

[img]

The dude in purple is so an imp. And that chick on the back left is clearly a cacodemon.

Good thing those disguises didn't fool you.

Kyka said:

The dude in purple is so an imp. And that chick on the back left is clearly a cacodemon.

Nice guess but nope. If they were I would have had some respect and pulled out the BFG I apparently had spare ammo for.

Inspired by a remark Essel made in another thread and still somewhat unfinished. Haven't decided whether to use sprites or flats for the keycaps.

(Curse MediaFire and their capricious servers)

dutch devil said:

QuakeDoom ftw!

are you working on a quakedoom map? i like the quake art (bleak q1 texures and their q3 offspring) to combine doom gameplay with gothic quake design. same for many quake sounds. the zombiemen however tend to stand out against those textures as they're brighter and more colorful.