Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Whoa, another vrack (or just some cool map)!!!

I like that crazy theme you have going there Kyka.

More shots of my project(But these are some more shots of MAP02, which isn't by me).

Sorry for the repost of the same room, but I'd like some feedback on how I'm going detail-wise.

well. it looks ok to me, though the ceiling lights don't really add much and the sectors in the walls are cutting into the metal textures. Not sure if METAL7 is really appropriate there as the light level is quiet low.

@arrrgh

To be honest, I wasn't sold on the grey flats in the inset areas... would be better to use a flat that matches the metal textures around them.

Also, mentioned earlier that I think the blue lights are out of place.

Perhaps the ceiling could use a higher inset ceiling to make it look less, well, flat. Like essel has done here.

(Hope you don't mind that I have used this as an example essel. I really liked this screenie.)

Yeah generally your map looks pretty good. Just subtle changes and it will look "just right".

Made a fair few changes. I'm having problems with trying to stop insets cutting into the metal texture...

This is a shot I'm rather fond of from a level I've been working on for 5 years or so now, an exploratory outdoor level called Crater Mountain. It is going to be the starting area of a metroidvania sort of nonlinear wad I've been working on for 6 years or so now, called Doomia, formerly captain mancubus 2.

In the wad, the player explores the mysterious island of Doomia, searching for its haunted abandoned castle. The first level will have two exits, which means that there are two paths through the wad: around the east side of the island, and around the west, forming a circle. Where the two paths finally meet, is some sort of mysterious city level, which must be explored to find the final castle. I've been working at breakneck speed all summer, and hopefully I can have it done before school starts. If not, it will probably not be done until winter break, if that.

I love those little floaty things with NUKEDGE, very creative.

It's so good when people showcase ideas which I wouldn't have come up with that in a million years :)

This screen is from a level in a vanilla episode I abandoned about a year ago. I've improved much since I started this, so I was thinking about picking it up and messing around with it again.

Sorry for spamming the thread, but I don't think I should make a thread until it's finished.

That light texture is misaligned. Reset the texture offsets on it and it'll be right. Nice looking fiery outdoor cavern area though.

RottKing said:

http://img18.imageshack.us/i/mysterymeat.png
A map I'm working on for essel's mystery project.

If it's a mystery, why did you say it?
But it looks good.

I love you. I've just actually been playing through Blood again. On the third level or so of episode 6 now. :)

WIP Motornerve MAP18: "Avertencia"

Trying to utilize MODWALL and BLAKWALL textures. Admittedly the lighting is a little weird. The blue floor glows, and I used the trick where light appears on the floor and not the ceiling, which is why the borders around the lights are darker.

Chu said:

[hypertension screenie]

ZOMG YOU'RE RUINING BLOOOD OMG FLAMEWAR RAAAAAHHHH!!!

But seriously, I'm liking the look of this, keep up the good work!

40oz said:

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5791/doom0001.png

Trying to utilize MODWALL and BLAKWALL textures. Admittedly the lighting is a little weird. The blue floor glows, and I used the trick where light appears on the floor and not the ceiling, which is why the borders around the lights are darker.

So many of your screenies look almost conventional, but they always have these interesting things going on that make them look really unique.

Looking forward to this project. Really nice work, and glad to see some maps well on the way. :)

Yeah I know, both areas are far from complete. I might actually stick something in front of the stairway, like E1M3 had that big TEKWALL arch.

The walls around the perimeter actually open up once you flick the switch at the end, which is going to be a pain in the ass to align properly. I'm considering adding SUPPORT3s, but I'd want to do it across the whole map to be consistent, and I'm more trying to get a good layout going at the moment.

Super Jamie said:

I'm more trying to get a good layout going at the moment.

[sarcasm]Wait ... this looks suprisingly close to something I dont know what... [/sarcasm]

If this is what I think it is, then isnt the layout ... well ... already laid out?

It's not an E1M3 remake, I just used the exit room as a base, there's more stuff at the end and the walls open too. I was considering scrapping it or keeping the room for another project, I don't really like it that much anymore :P

Patrick said:

ZOMG YOU'RE RUINING BLOOOD OMG FLAMEWAR RAAAAAHHHH!!!

But seriously, I'm liking the look of this, keep up the good work!

Haha, good times, good times. ^^

I'm trying to get a really good HUD design going but I can't seem to nail anything that works. The only one that worked well was the one in the teaser video and for some reason it broke in the SVN...