Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

dutch devil said:

The first couple of rooms of my fourth map for my Total Control project.

Hooray, you're on the home stretch, I am looking forward to this.

I did some copy/ pasting, and forgot to change the ceiling height. Suddenly I had skyscrapers which looked really cool, and it disappoints me that you can't have something like a portal to allow view through objects; I know the game.... PORTAL had something like that:

Please tell me you're making spiderman doom.

You should probably replace those cars with models or even sprites. Those ones really ugly up that first screenshot.

Otherwise, I'm thinking maybe Deadpool? It definitely has a comic book vibe.

It's actually Robin from Batman. See the queer ribbon on the shotgun?

Nomad said:

You should probably replace those cars with models or even sprites. Those ones really ugly up that first screenshot.

Otherwise, I'm thinking maybe Deadpool? It definitely has a comic book vibe.

The hood is slightly sloped so it looks a little better in-game. Personally I'm satisfied with them, aside from the absence of a black shade at the bottom of the chassis.

Noooo I was hoping it was the fan-made sequel the the critically acclaimed Tormentor wad, XmasDM.

Nomad said:

I disagree. Those cars look really good.

DuckReconMajor said:

I disagree. Those cars look really good.

They remind me of the cars in this wad. :P

Though to be fair, they are better than that.

New screenshots from Doomed.wad which is still a work in progress. This is MAP08 which is 100% on layout and is now being detailed.

Nomad said:

They remind me of the cars in this wad. :P

Though to be fair, they are better than that.

They look more like the ones in action doom, except the textures have much less quality. Also I can imagine using sprites for cars being a really bad idea.

And I wouldn't have guessed that was robin doom because robin has green gloves and I've never seen him use nun-chuks OR a shotgun with a bow on it.

EDIT: fixed link

The car sprites in that Night of the Homeless mod for Skulltag aren't that bad. They're probably from some other game, but I hadn't seen them before.

A car sprite that constantly faces the player might look silly. You could always make 4- or 8-directional sprites, like the monsters are currently or the medkits in KDiZD.

I don't think the 3D cars look that bad. The rest of the mod is pretty cartoonish, so it themes in well enough.

Hey ed, good to see some new stuff from you. Keep it up, looking pretty neat.

Also, a ZDoom blood splatter that came out looking kinda happy.