Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

darkreaver said:

I need to run the texture wad together with the map wad, and I dunno how to do it.

prboom-plus -iwad doom2.wad -file textures.wad level.wad

This is a remake of a mission from Half-Life Decay (extra coop/single player missions from the ps2 version of Half-Life) using doom2 textures.

It's too bad there's that little concrete corner in the rail textures =/ always looks funky so I never use it -.- Looks believable considering HL1, if the red brick really is that red.

Cool. Actually, the first thing that came to my mind, before thinking of Half-Life or reading the comment, was the impression of some abandoned Russian factory (you've seen the photos), though this time in hell.

40oz said:

Either Doom TITLEPIC in in Doom 2 or a Supershotgun in Doom 1.

The latter.

I was too lazy to untick Doom2 specific monsters under the custom monster control module in Oblige, thus it still spawned super shotgun guys who dropped the weapon. The other reason it worked is because I was using the smooth weapons animation modification (contained the SSG sprites) and used a little PWAD with the muzzleflash and reload noises so it looked and worked properly.

Also, the arachno custom monsters worked but didn't have their metal walking noise so I copied some of the doom2 monster noises into said PWAD above so it worked.

In theory, if I copied all the Doom 2 sprites and sounds into a seperate file it should be possible for the program to place Doom 2 monsters in Doom maps.

The engine I am using is Skulltag, so I am guessing any ZDoom based engine would work.

The Doom source has a check that removes any mobj with the ID numbers of the Doom2 monsters or the DB Shotgun from a level if it's running in Doom1 mode.

ZDoom removed this check.

Vermil said:

The Doom source has a check that removes any monsters with the ID numbers of the Doom2 monsters or the DB Shotgun from a level if it's running in Doom1 mode.

I think it has even weirder effects. I was experimenting a Dehacked mod for Doom 1 that added new monsters, who used the Doom 2 id numbers. But after placing them on map, not only they were missing, but every subsequent one as well, no matter their origin!

Mr. Chris said:

In theory, if I copied all the Doom 2 sprites and sounds into a seperate file it should be possible for the program to place Doom 2 monsters in Doom maps.

Already been done successfully in Evil Unleashed. The wad wasn't brilliant, though.

Here's 2 screenshots of my little mapset project. This is the beginning area of map01. Its very early shots.

exp(x) said:

That looks extremely familiar.

I don't know whether or not to consider this a good thing or a bad thing.

@Archvile78. Dude, I really like that icy looking area. Looks like something off Hoth, or something. I am curious as to what monsters you would use here. I mean most Doom monsters would look ridiculously colorful against shuch a white/gray setting.

@Darkreaver. Dude that is awesome creepy!

@ToD. That looks really cool. Seeing different games recreated with a 'Doomy' slant is something neat and gives a really different feel to it. Some more contrast in the lighting would be good (Though it is probably not finished yet, I guess) but overall that is pretty neat.

Section of the Computer Station level. Complete with huge (And very realistic looking) computer processing areas. Coz you know that any computer station worth a damn has to have lots of red in it.

Archvile78 said:

I don't know whether or not to consider this a good thing or a bad thing.

After an hour of research, I figured out that it reminded me of map11 of ffi_z.wad

I haven't played that level in nearly 5 years. It was one of the most popular LMS wads for Skulltag back in the day. I really pissed off Carnevil during a team LMS match on map03 once. He threw a temper tantrum and kicked me from the IRC channel.

Is it possible to have too many sectors in one page of a forum thread? I think kyka has shown it's possible.

It's ok. I used a good forum nodebuilder.

Kyka said:
@Archvile78. Dude, I really like that icy looking area. Looks like something off Hoth, or something. I am curious as to what monsters you would use here. I mean most Doom monsters would look ridiculously colorful against shuch a white/gray setting.

I will use 5 custom monsters to blend in with the Doom monsters but they're not gonna be ridiculously overpowered they'll just be a bit stronger than the original version. There will be, a ice imp, a ice pinky, a ice hellknight and a ice cacodemon. The 5th monster will most likely be Hexen's wendigo.

Yeah i'm in the mood for snow map lol.

Assuming i wanna use a different textures at the end of said cave entrance what would you guys suggest to use as separation between textures? METAL? \:

Archvile78 said:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/Undeadpriest123/DOOM/Screenshot_Doom_20100122_085215.png

Assuming i wanna use a different textures at the end of said cave entrance what would you guys suggest to use as separation between textures? METAL? \:

You don't necessarily need to use a support texture to separate them at all. Particularly in "natural" settings like this, you can have one texture curve "inwards" away from you and another texture then curve outwards from it, so the area looks something like ____/\____ in the map editor, with the ____/ being texture1 and the \____ being texture 2, and the /\ pointing out towards the void, not in towards the room.

Hellbent said:

When can we download this badassness?

No idea - it'll still take a while.

Kyka said:

Section of the Computer Station level.

The glass-like stuff makes it particularly cool.

That glass is just a translucent SHAWN metal texture isn't it?