Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Simon666 said:

Coloured lighting FTW.

Now I really wish I had access to portals, so I could advance beyond those steel plates indefinitely... Perhaps the only way is down, now :) Too bad it's acid.

Yeah i've been trying to get in contact with you to get your ok to use them, if you don't want to i'll use the stock Doom 2 material :)

Well, I never officially released those, as they were created as part of an unannounced project I was working on a year or so ago, where I was making a whole bunch of tech textures and some folks were making some vanilla maps with them. I guess you can use 'em if you want, but please ask in the future.

[i]printz said:
Now I really wish I had access to portals, so I could advance beyond those steel plates indefinitely... Perhaps the only way is down, now :) Too bad it's acid. [/B]

Looks great!! Are those custom monsters I see there?

Yeah, they are satyr bowmen, like in Diablo. They're assembled by CodenniumRed who built Necrosis.

doesn't this look like a superprojectile of some sort? (yes my directory structure is stupid -- it's the remains of when I used to suck at using explorer)

Do you really think I'd take my time to rummage to where you saved your shots? Heh, but the fire wave probably belongs to a super maulotaur, right? ...or a mage?

printz said:

Yeah, they are satyr bowmen, like in Diablo. They're assembled by CodenniumRed who built Necrosis.

Pretty cool, so I take it your building a megawad or something big with this? Would be awesome! :)

DeathevokatioN said:

Pretty cool, so I take it your building a megawad or something big with this? Would be awesome! :)

Nah, it's just one level for HPack, a community project of GZDoom maps for Heretic. I don't have the force and willpower to build a megawad myself. Its homepage is at the realm667.com forums, visible after you register. Maps in there are a mixed bag, I dare say, as in any community project that isn't Doom.

My point with those screenshots was actually to show how I can't map beyond those steel walls, because I'd bump into other parts of the map.

printz said:

My point with those screenshots was actually to show how I can't map beyond those steel walls, because I'd bump into other parts of the map.

Ahh, well I had the same kind of problem in my Heretic map. Well if all else fails then I guess you could just replace the door with a portal? Or doesn't zdoom let you? This what I did.

Just a suggestion though.

Nice stuff Malinku! I was thinking of working with lots of the metal textures for one of the maps in Vela Pax. Probably map02 or something.

Heh... looks like what ptoing's been working on. Could be the angle of the screenie, but stone1 looks a little odd, IMO.

Snakes said:

Heh... looks like what ptoing's been working on. Could be the angle of the screenie, but stone1 looks a little odd, IMO.

well its just in the shot you only see the part of the stone that is angled it looks better when your looking at it head on.

Ok it's more the diagonal striping and general sameness of the texture - looks like they excavated it with a saw at a 45 degree vertical angle. And using the same texture as a flat looks really weird - maybe there's a fine red dust type of texture you can make sand dunes out of? idk what descent had in its range of textures, or if rf' is expanding on them.

ArmouredBlood said:

Ok it's more the diagonal striping and general sameness of the texture - looks like they excavated it with a saw at a 45 degree vertical angle. And using the same texture as a flat looks really weird - maybe there's a fine red dust type of texture you can make sand dunes out of? idk what descent had in its range of textures, or if rf' is expanding on them.

I'm still working on it. The map is like an hour old.

ArmouredBlood said:

http://www.scienceclarified.com/images/uesc_08_img0459.jpg

rf` said:

I'm still working on it. The map is like an hour old.

Thought it might be that. Sorry for assuming it was close to done.

@ kristus - I have a feeling there'd be quick a few quake effects then ;P

ArmouredBlood said:

I have a feeling there'd be quick a few quake effects then ;P

I'm sorry, but I can't understand what you're saying.

kristus said:

I'm sorry, but I can't understand what you're saying.

Striation like that happens where plates overlap, or fault lines that cause earthquakes. It looks kinda common according to the map here, but it still looks less than 1% of the world's geography.

Oh and something else interesting
http://geology.com/nasa/mars-plate-tectonics.shtml

Sorry for taking this so off-topic.

E: oops, said quick instead of quite. What happens when you post around 1 am after a long day.

Yes they are created at fault lines. Those fault lines aren't static throughout history though. These things shift. That's their thing. So because something had these things happen once upon a time. That doesn't necessarily mean it still do.

Sweden and Norway got a rocky stretch that is really old. We don't have earth quakes anymore. But that doesn't mean you won't find angled layers of rock here. They don't simply disappear because the plates moved.