Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Its an annoying bitch to work on, I'm hardly making any good progress on it. I'm not too sure if I should keep this rocky canyon.

dutch devil said:

I hate this map so much.
[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/a9sg2g.png[IMG]

Don`t you always hate your own maps? :P
Do you ever finish any maps? hehe

Looks cool from what I can see, although I HATE jumping-platforms. Dunno if you are supposed to do so there, but it looks that way to me..? (yes I mean "jumping" not jumping)

Gez said:

Hardware rendering mode set to "speed" rather than "quality", isn't it? ;)

Just the way I like it ;) Although I really should make sure the camera is CENTRED before I post screens [/facepalm]

Haven't seen rendering gaps like that since the actual Playstation...

darkreaver said:

Don`t you always hate your own maps? :P
Do you ever finish any maps? hehe

Looks cool from what I can see, although I HATE jumping-platforms. Dunno if you are supposed to do so there, but it looks that way to me..? (yes I mean "jumping" not jumping)

Lately I haven't been able to finish any map, I get stuck with all of them. So yeah thats why I start hating those goddamn maps.

Jumping nope, none of my maps need jumping.

Thats why I said "jumping". I mean...like...running from platform to platform, without falling down. Dunno how to explain better with my limited english skills!

Something I'm working on, after several years of not mapping for or even playing Doom:

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4

Neither of those areas are finished btw. Lighting hasn't been worked on at all on the second area for example.

darkreaver said:

Thats why I said "jumping". I mean...like...running from platform to platform, without falling down. Dunno how to explain better with my limited english skills!

Ah ok sorry I misread your post. No platform jumping needed, I'm no big fan of those either.

Dragonsbrethren said:

Finished up the vanilla (well, non-ZDoom) status bar for the Jaguar TC.

Good stuff, DB! Looking forward to checking this out myself!

Just some randome shit :P

I am not so good at mapping but i try.

The white in the center is not gonna be there.

A small waterfall and the water splash also.
Not done in this sector.

EDIT: i have a shit load of 'Dummy sectors' just for the water :P hehe and i haven't working on the light yet.

Congestion 192

a little stupid project I have running that I fill with tiny levels when I`m bored. I already have 7 levels with sometimes jokewadish settings and music (for example there is a little pirate ship that you have to protect from several mancubi that surround it while hearing the POTC theme music).

Looks cramped, with you holding just a handgun, and a knight with two cronies next door...

I might look cramped on the screen, but it isn't. Its 192 units wide, nothing I would call cramped. And by the the time you get through this area you should have no problem with those monsters. The other traps in this area might be pretty challenging though.

The canyon you posted it earlier looked a lot more interesting in my opinion. Your new screenshots looks cleaner and more professional of course, but for me it is just a boring tech base that I have already seen thousands of times before. Of course I could also change my mind after I played it.

The rocks didn't worked out so well. It looked nice but too much of it was just scenery. I will add rocks again of course.

Wowzers! I like the usage of the warning stripes for everything other than the base of that crane shaped thing. Also I assume the area looks cramped because the other side of the hallway isn't finished yet? I know when I post screenshots it's usually just one part of a room that is finished and the other parts of it are just flat walls or something that I do everything in my power to hide from view before i take the shot.

That looks awesome! I don't think it's cramped at all, there's plenty of space to dance with a couple of Imps and a Hell Knight.

I really like it visually, but there appear to be a lot of floor bumps so you'll be going up and down a lot while fighting in there.

It may not seem like much, but wherever you step down you spend a few tics in midair while falling to the slightly lower level, and lose player control (even moreso in non-ZDoom ports that don't give you some aircontrol), and it can make gameplay unnecessarily frustrating.

Transfer heights if it's for Boom, a self-referencing sector if it's not, or just raising the inner sector with the warning stripes to match the height of the main dark floor (so only the 16px supports, which aren't large enough to step down into, are lowered, and the rest of the floor is a consistent height), would avoid the issue.

Super Jamie said:

That looks awesome! I don't think it's cramped at all, there's plenty of space to dance with a couple of Imps and a Hell Knight.

I said that in relation to the player holding just a handgun. That way the hellknight gets ample time to touch you, and that really hurts. But I was in the wrong regarding the handgun usage.