Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Kappes Buur said:

http://i48.tinypic.com/dowgld.jpg

Oh my.. I hated those big gargoyles in Blood. They were just so incredibly stupidly made. You can blast all your shit at them and they didn't even get a scratch, unless you were lucky...

But then.. by crouching and taking your pitchfork and stabbing the gargoyle in the eyes with it for a minute or so, it will die! And it couldn't retaliate in any way!

Well... the castle stuff is nice, but the floor could have some breaks with other texture. I think a different texture might fit better for the main texture, then have this current texture in those breaks.

Found the celtic textures from afterglow when looking for random textures somehow, and most look pretty cool so I decided to make a map with em. This is the result so far ...

All the flats are actually the celtic textures resized 50% to 64x64, should've cut most of the brick ones instead but eh, I might get around to it. Also I'm thinking of recoloring sky 1 to a whitish color unless I stumble upon some snowy British forest skies or something.

EDIT: I could use this opportunity to ask for help.

What color translation does GIMP use when blending layers as "Hard Light" 100% opacity? I do realize that the open-door misalignment above looks bad, and instead I'd like the modified-SHAWN2 glow to stay put while the door itself moves, so I'm likely to use a translucent wall with custom TRANSMAP.

I just need a clue what color transformation does Hard Light exactly use.

EDIT: I just realized I'll need to move the transparent surface together with the door now, defeating the point. There's no way to unpeg middle textures in order to produce the wiping effect as with doors and lifts.

ArmouredBlood said:

Found the celtic textures from afterglow when looking for random textures somehow, and most look pretty cool so I decided to make a map with em. This is the result so far ...

Holy shit, that looks fucking awesome, I'm gonna make a map or two with those textures as well!!

Adding some new structures and doing some reworking to a scene from Vaporware that I had originally somewhat half-assed. I think it's good enough now ;)

esselfortium said:

wut.jpg

I require an explanation as to how this is even possible.

Looks great, Dutch. You're making me want to attempt something classic-ish again :P

The second shot is a bit dull in comparison to the others, though, IMO. You might could cut a 96-tall (or 64-tall) indent from the main floor upwards that goes all around the edges of the room, from the doorway to the windows and such, and put the lower 96 units of BROWNGRN or something in it. Would be nice structurally, and would give a bit more texture variation while keeping with the hint of green from the nukage.

If that description made any sense.

Scet said:

I require an explanation as to how this is even possible.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/eternity/49268-eternity-engine-3-37-00-sekhmet/
:P

These vaporware maps need more borders and more detai

Essel, be straight with us. Are you even human? Honestly?

Of course he is human. He just has, like 4 clones.

Printz, I like those recolors you have going on in those screenies of yours. Very classic Doom. So classic, it in fact reminds me a little of that old Doom alpha.

What weapon is that?

Kyka said:

Printz, I like those recolors you have going on in those screenies of yours. Very classic Doom. So classic, it in fact reminds me a little of that old Doom alpha.

What weapon is that?

Thanks, but hey, dutch devil's screenshots look much more classic Doom to me :) I should play your wads too once they're finished, they appear to have lots of detail, and I believe someone said here that they also play good.

I believe the gun IS from the Doom alpha. Like everything else, I took it from the realm667 armory (I yet need to learn how to make workable sprites myself). I'm trying to avoid using imported texture sets though, except for some handy NiGHTMARE edits. The gun, being called zombieman rifle, fits much better with Doomguy's avatar graphics, than the pistol. Also, the gun has more firepower than the pistol, because you need it -- and the weapon still will suck, you'll have to get something better!

I must commend esselfortium for managing keeping mapping even without being able to test it with monsters. And putting lots of linked portals and changing your mind on the layout, having to place more portals, is not as easy as I thought (it seems to need quite some planning)!

I am, in fact, human, but there is unfortunately only one of me, and he works pretty slowly and is incredibly easy to distrac--

Happy Birthday InsanityBringer