Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Looks like they were deformed in a teleporter accident or melted by nukage or something.

I say make it into a selectable feature, because turning a corner and running into a regular Baron doesn't freak me out enough now... :-)

from the darkest abyss of my slowly editing, here's a room (probably the start) from the underway project "Dewm2 the way daimon and (maybe) lupinx-kassman doing slowly as slime" aka Earth Base

This one replaces map08, development name "Toxic Avenger"

The gamma level blinded me forever and I can only type this because I know the placement of the keyboard keys by heart, but before everything went dark I thought it looked like E1M5.

CODOR said:

I say make it into a selectable feature, because turning a corner and running into a regular Baron doesn't freak me out enough now... :-)

I'll add either a "-fuckedup" command line switch or a cheat code, which will enable the buggy code ;-) Now thanks to me, people will have nightmares of mutilated and lame demons with melted stumps chasing them, spawned by unspeakable horrors inside a Java Virtual Machine.

Maes said:

I'll add either a "-fuckedup" command line switch or a cheat code, which will enable the buggy code ;-) Now thanks to me, people will have nightmares of mutilated and lame demons with melted stumps chasing them, spawned by unspeakable horrors inside a Java Virtual Machine.

Just posting so you know how cool that would be.

Cool shot Dutch Devil =).

EDIT: Malinku's post wasn't visible when I made this one, but anyway I think the lighting in the shot looks cool, but I am not sure about the the theme to be honest :P. The red marble textures don't seem to really fit with the wooden surroundings. Perhaps if they were integrated in a different way instead of having one section of the room strictly marble and the rest wooden, but I am not sure.

walter confalonieri said:

from the darkest abyss of my slowly editing, here's a room (probably the start) from the underway project "Dewm2 the way daimon and (maybe) lupinx-kassman doing slowly as slime" aka Earth Base

This one replaces map08, development name "Toxic Avenger"

The room looks mighty bright on my screen for some reason, but its nice that you started another map. Now that you are posting screens of the project, I suppose I should too.

This map is inspired by the classic types of layouts you would see in wads from 96-2000 and such. It uses the song from Memento Mori map 14.

The lights in this room have a strobe effect, so I took the shot when they were lit up. Starting area.

Someone said they couldn't tell what was going on in this shot in the WIP page. There is a teleporter at the far end of the room that you are trying to reach, and the SSG is an obvious (though worth the effort) trap that summons imps in from either side of the room.

Green.

Red key area.

Another map in progress for Earth Base. This one is going to be a lot more strange, and it is inspired by Bob Reganess's weird maps. This map uses the song from System Vices map 10.

Yeah, the blond zombie is a replacement for the SS Nazi. I probably shouldn't have posted the last shot since that area is still incomplete, and it looks goofier to me upon second viewing :P.

lupinx-Kassman said:

I haven't decided the map slot for that particular map, so when I finish it I will let you decide where you want it.

Ok, no problem...

Whatever, last Saturday my dad gave me his laptop as a "xmas gift", in these days i've added some programs and websites (like doomworld and skulltag), and i downloaded and installed doom builder 2 today, i opened it and started to make some test mapping and giving better key binds for the editor,and today when i made this test mapping i did this map, it could be a nice dm layout:

Janizdreg said:

I QUOTE IMAGES! I AM A MORON!!
When I played through Cyb's Helm's Deep level (also don't forget the essential bonus music WAD), the friendly marines concentrated their fire on a single monster at one point. I thought it looked funny, and took the above screenshot. I think this was back in 2003.

EDIT: Here's another one. I just remembered this and couldn't resist.

One of my favourite wads ever

@ valhallaist:

Did you read the thread title?

[but don't quote images]
__

@ lupinx-Kassman:

Classic.

LigH said:

@ valhallaist:

Did you read the thread title?

[but don't quote images]
__

@ lupinx-Kassman:

Classic.

Yeah I did. I thought pasting the url in the message would attach the image in. I was wrong.

I've planned making a wad like this for few days now, and just started... This is what I have done now. Like you can see, it uses stuff from CC4 texture pack, Equinox and System Shock. The map uses ZDoom in UMDF format. I'm still very dumb at ACS, and the only script I know to make is the text that appears at the start of map. Still learning how to do ACS.

I also tried putting the pistol graphics from Equinox, but when I copied them from Equinox.wad and pasted them to my wad (didn't change names) they don't appear...

lupinx-Kassman said:

It uses the song from Memento Mori map 14.

Do you get permission to use that music, or can you really just do that?

Also, sorry for such a late reply on the sky texture; I have a program that is like photoshop that I could probably use to loop the sky texture. But how exactly can I do this? Any particular tools or actions I can use or what?