Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Thanks guys :D
I propably need to make an official announcement thread soon...

@Mech:
Go ahead, it's always nice to know that stuff I'm making is inspiring other mappers :)

oh well, knowing who's the author (Vader), is absolutely a great stuff... but the second stuff leave me stupefied, really.

Yeah, the texture may look somewhat stupid to some people when it covers large areas, but personally I like it and well, almost every other texture suffers from the same problem to a certain extend!

I thought about making a custom 256 unit wide version of it, so it doesn't repeat as obviously on the horizontal plane, but I'm not sure if would be worth the effort.

Indeed very cool rocky terrain there Vader! Your terrain/mountains/caves have always been an inspiration for me.

@Vader love those rocks in the second shot.

Just begun working on a outside area, not sure what will remain in the finished map. At the moment I'm dropping in a bunch of random structures. The area is far from finished, and it will probably change in appearance over time.

http://i55.tinypic.com/mm4jt.png

Looks great so far!
It could use maybe a little variation from the GSTONE, but other that that it's nice.

Thanks, I agree that it needs more texture variation. I will be adding more gray rocks in that area soon. I hope that will make it look better.

Some gray rocks would definitely be the ticket to break up the GSTONE a bit. Maybe add some bloodfalls coming out of the walls or something like that too? GSTONE is such an awesome looking texture, I just wish I had more patience to work with it sometimes. I should try and find some more patience soon since I'm planning on using it pretty extensively in the near future.

I started working on a map for my 3rd episode, my idea is a hellish map with a castle/fortress, volcanos and maybe some caves.

start:

One of the bridges that connects between the castle's walls.

The Castle:

I work on this map less than 2 hours, I'm checking if the first area is alright, then I'll begin the volcanos.

40oz said:

img

I couldn't help but notice that the finger to the right is not recolored while the other fingers and left glove is, making said finger look out of place.

Doomhuntress said:

I couldn't help but notice that the finger to the right is not recolored while the other fingers and left glove is, making said finger look out of place.

That's not a finger, silly. :p