Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

It's like... you're doing a speedrun and you think, "everything's fine, everything's good...." and then you realize, BAM!! Every monster hits you at once.

Haha, I had that on "Die Hard" from Momento Mori. I was on 200 life 200 armor and I was in disbelief at how quickly I was blazing through the level, killing everything along the way, until the part where I teleported to where the cyberdemon was. It hit me THREE times in row with it's rockets square in the face... and sadly that was that. :P

After that I had to take a break from doom building for 3 weeks cuz of exams i returned to build maps, since I disliked my older few maps (I began using doombuilder 6 months ago) I decided to retry building some good stuff.

I call this one "Muddy Water" and if I decide to make a wad it will be the first map, here are some pics.

http://www.iimmgg.com/image/cf66dbc3b24367e2210e619e1d01acea
http://www.iimmgg.com/image/b29151a09127ac9e26f2af8025c7f29b
http://www.iimmgg.com/image/a33092094a4442618bb68d4f32d845ce
http://www.iimmgg.com/image/e00163996052bd328f14eabc99a01bc8
http://www.iimmgg.com/image/c20383ef238431edb168953a2fbb0ad9

It took me 3 days to build it, I didn't show the blue door area and a little house with the blue key, I enjoyed playing it, well you need to kill some cacodemons and 1 or 2 revenants with a chainsaw at least on UV.

Wow the pic with the tnt episode 3 sky looks amazing!
btw, how can I use that sky with XWE?
I know that it is in 4 textures but i don't know how to put them together as one sky.

Looks awesome, Darkreaver! The gstone/gothic theme and open-air layout style remind me of Iori's maps, like "Songs of the Damned".

I'd fix the x-alignment on the tan-trimmed green sewer bricks on the lower left to center the trim pattern better (unless it's already centered and just looks off due to perspective) and replace the support3+grass steps with a nicer-looking combination.

esselfortium said:

Looks awesome, Darkreaver! The gstone/gothic theme and open-air layout style remind me of Iori's maps, like "Songs of the Damned".

I'd fix the x-alignment on the tan-trimmed green sewer bricks on the lower left to center the trim pattern better (unless it's already centered and just looks off due to perspective) and replace the support3+grass steps with a nicer-looking combination.

Thanks alot :)
No, its not centered, and I`ll make sure it will be :)
And I have thought about those steps and ground texture there...I`ll most probably make some changes!

The map is getting pretty darn big now. Its SUPER non-linear. You can go anywhere, from anywhere :)

iHaveToPee said:

Wow the pic with the tnt episode 3 sky looks amazing!
btw, how can I use that sky with XWE?
I know that it is in 4 textures but i don't know how to put them together as one sky.

I got it working by importing the 4 textures (place between PP_START/PP_END), add to TEXTURES and PNAMES then in TEXTURES find SKY*, change the width to 1024, change the first patch to the first TNT sky patch (A) and add three more. Change these three to the subsequent TNT sky patches (B,C,D). XWE will automatically align them correctly as long as you place the patches in the correct oder. Oh, and save at every step. XWE likes to forget!

Still a work in progress, been very inspired by Icarus & Memento Mori's base maps lately. :)

I'll probably end up removing the torch...

That screenshot looks awesome, Darkreaver!

Also dannebubinga, looks very promising but also looks a little copy pasty with repeated details. Keep it up though. :)

You don't see those kind of textures sitting next to eachother that much today. Nevertheless, it looks good. It's easy on the eyes and the textures compliment eachother very well.

Very soothing color scheme there deathevo :) I like the mix of textures!

ps: Essel: you mentioned Iori maps, I was actually inspired by Drip Feed and Nemesis (AV map11) when I started this one :) Has turned out rather different now, but hey :P I have never played "Songs of The Damned", shame on me I guess hehe!

purist said:

I got it working by importing the 4 textures (place between PP_START/PP_END), add to TEXTURES and PNAMES then in TEXTURES find SKY*, change the width to 1024, change the first patch to the first TNT sky patch (A) and add three more. Change these three to the subsequent TNT sky patches (B,C,D). XWE will automatically align them correctly as long as you place the patches in the correct oder. Oh, and save at every step. XWE likes to forget!

I added the 4 patches and changed sky3 to 1024x128, now I don't know what to do :)

EDIT: I used photoshop to make it 1024 and its working.
Thank you for the help :)

Thanks for the feedback Lupinx, and Darkreaver. :D

Doomhuntress said:

You don't see those kind of textures sitting next to eachother that much today. Nevertheless, it looks good. It's easy on the eyes and the textures compliment eachother very well.

Haha thanks, glad you like it, I've been experimenting with texturing and I'm having a lot of fun with that modwall texture. It's actually one of the coolest textures to work with when it's used right, IMO.

A pity it isn't used more often. :)

Thank you, gemini09. I got frustrated with it and started over. That was a "strategic" screenie in that you don't see the mess down the sides of the structure. Also, with my texture selection, I thought it looked horrible. I spend more time trying to decide on textures than I do laying sectors down!

I'll stop calling it "scrap pile" and, instead, call it "A Study of ZDoom Slopes and Portals".

Another version is in the works. Still experimenting with textures.
http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/8ballbr549/screenshots/20110311_1.png

a map for TNT i working in trough progressive fiction map16 revamp, conceptually similar to the Dom 2 Unleashedd map "Broken City Resort":

Also, today in a boredom time i drawn "bribiri" on doombuilder: beat this

This picture is captured from one of my run in PL2 map31. At that time I got a very silly mistake when I shoot the 3rd BFG to the Cyberdemon. I got hit, and he got blasted to death.