Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

A magical floating building. Under construction. The final version obviously won't look like this.

I always thought that having blue bottles in Doom sucked. Seems like they might have been a leftover from the early days when Doom was going to be part fantasy RPG. So I made them into mini soulspheres, by the simple method of cutting the necks off the 4 sprites. And making them bob up and down. I actually did the same thing with the helmets, so they are helmet-spheres, but I have to redo them as they are still too oval shaped.

dannebubinga said:

Darkreaver: Thoose screenies looks very good. The gameplay looks like it's my cup of tea! I'll gladly test your maps if you need help :)

Thanks! I`ll keep you in mind when the time comes :)

I've been trying to cobble together a sky texture for the first episode of Supplice for the past two days. I finally finished one concept.

Unfortunately it didn't come out very well :/

Doesn't look particularly doomy, but it does look dream-like which is cool and could probably go well in a mod of some sort. I bet the original version looked better though, the current pic looks a little palette-raped =(.

Yea, it came out a little too bright and cartoony. It's supposed to be a blue cloudy sky; the two yellow orbs are supposed to be a binary system, which is part of the story in Supplice. I experimented with a 256px high sky so player's wouldn't have to use ZDoom's option to stretch the sky. But in other ports, like PRBoom+, it cuts off a huge chunk of the texture. I should have known that from the get-go, heh.

At any rate, I'm 99% sure I'm not going to be using this for Supplice. I'd be more than happy to let anyone use it; just let me know. The only thing is that you'll have to re-palettize it in Doom's palette since I'm using a custom palette for Supplice. The blue range might be trouble.

DOOM doesn't have many blues, no. And I've never really seen blue clouds before--they're usually white or shades of gray, even when against a blue sky--so yes, it's kind of an odd sky texture.

Ed said:

Runs under PRBoom fine.

Wanna see this in Risen3D then, with HRT...

Grazza said:

That reminds me of Cranky Steve, one of whose review criteria was "Overuse of Colored Lighting".

For example, [images].

Never heard of Cranky Steve before.

But the reviews I read were total win.

I was particularly moved by the phrase in one of the level reviews "...and instead delivered a warm puddle of digital hamster vomit."

It's some sort of hell themed level i've been working on for a while.
I'm using stock material, only a new sky and that's it. I hope to release it soon!

Reminds me a bit on System Shock, Katamori. The look of an infected virtual room.

stewboy said:

[image]
Something I had a sudden urge to make.

Katamori said:

Wow!

How..
On..
Earth..?

Is it done using clever use of sector heights, and the pic taken from the appropriate angle?

I believe so. Count the number of steps on each side (2x3 & 2x4) and look closely at the farthest corner. Thumbs up for reproducing that effect in the game Stewboy :o)

Thanks traversd. Yeah I see how it's done now. Pretty neat.