Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Gez said:

The nukage donuts in the sky structure are weird, though.

Why is it weird? Because slime don't act that way or is it a color-thing?

DeathevokatioN & walter confalonieri: Thanks!

NaturalTvventy said:

Pay attention people. This is how ambient lighting should be done in a Doom level.

Looking good man.

Well it's been a couple of weeks since I have shown anything of my work so here goes. These are pics of the d.wad that Marnetmar posted in the
"Solicitaion for Maps" thread.

I have to figure out what to do about the sky. Texture are still a bit of a nuisance.

This map is still only about 5 rooms big, so progress is minimal but I hope I can work on it more once I get into school. Enrollment can be such a bitch.
If it looks CnP'd, lick. Because I ain't done yet!

TropicalDeathPunch: try to turn off mouselook somewhere in the Option menu. I always use this, when I want to make picture without sky stretching. Also, good pictures as well :)

Heres some shots for a Boom project I'm working on using only stock resources from the four IWADS (textures from Doom and Doom II)

Ignore the changing sky, I've settled on the orange sky from Thy flesh consumed

Looks good, Foodles. Classic in its theme and style, but clean and purposed in its execution :)

edit: Maybe use a floor lighting transfer to brighten up the lava in shot 1?

TropicalDeathPunch said:

Well it's been a couple of weeks since I have shown anything of my work so here goes. These are pics of the d.wad that Marnetmar posted

<snip>

This map is still only about 5 rooms big, so progress is minimal but I hope I can work on it more once I get into school. Enrollment can be such a bitch.
If it looks CnP'd, lick. Because I ain't done yet!

Hmm, I thought that map looked familiar...Then I read your post :P

Damn son, you're doing an awesome job!

esselfortium said:

I quite like it, though I think it could probably benefit from some more non-orthogonal angles.

Yeah it probably could, but some flats don't align well on non 90 degree angles. Space is also limited, so I try to use as much space as I possibly can. I'm trying to maximize the size of the map. Most of the area in that shot is just for scenery, so I can add some angles without worrying about loss of precious space.

Marnetmar said:

Hmm, I thought that map looked familiar...Then I read your post :P

Damn son, you're doing an awesome job!

I thank you and salute you with a pint of green beer!

@ Dutch Devil, Don't scrap that are you flippen nuts? What tex stock are you using BTW?

TropicalDeathPunch said:

I thank you and salute you with a pint of green beer!
@ Dutch Devil, Don't scrap that are you flippen nuts? What tex stock are you using BTW?

No problem. For those who haven't seen my original version of the map, here's a shot so you can truly appreciate TDP's work:

TropicalDeathPunch said:

Nuts, yeah a little :p I'm using the Claustrophobia resource wad, I don't know where the textures came from.

Looks good, Stewboy. It's unusual to see a map that makes use of port features while retaining a visibly classic id-map appearance. Looking forward to it :)

Whoa, I'm loving those shots dannebubinga. The first one has a great atmosphere, and the second looks like a fun slaughter, either way I win. ;)

In the second shot how about making the sky visible on the highest ceiling texture? Just a thought.

dannebubinga said:

Some progress. This is going to be my hardest map so far.

All the crazy colors in the first picture give me Daedalus flashbacks. As for the second, I miss the days when extremely high ceilings were the norm. :)