Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

the SSG is cool, but it seems like the contrast is upped quite alot, and some areas are on it is a little dark. there also seems to be very dark outlines on everything, which makes it look a little cartoony

Didn't touch the contrast, just manually darkened/lightened certain areas, these modifications are what probably give out the "cartoony" look, but then this is doom we're talking about here. In my opinion the whole game looks cartoony.

gemini09 said:

I'm sorry to say but I think the triple-barreled SG looks down-right silly.

Yes, it looks like you've just stuck a black rocket on top of the super shotgun... the other guns look good though

Six said:

Nothing spectacular, just touched up the super shotgun:

I think it looks great.

I'd use it in the blink of an eye, if it wasn't the single sprite that looked better than everything else.. :)

Foodles said:

Yes, it looks like you've just stuck a black rocket on top of the super shotgun... the other guns look good though

How would you suggest I fix it then?

You can fix it by finishing your other mods in progress

gemini09 said:

I think it looks great.

I'd use it in the blink of an eye, if it wasn't the single sprite that looked better than everything else.. :)

Thanks for that. I was originally going to do a complete revamp of all weapon sprites, then eventually the enemies and so forth, but i've not quite got around to doing it though. I touched up the chain gun a while back, but since then accidentally deleted it on a clear out.

40oz said:

Yeah, from those screenshots rf` looks like a genius, I don't really get it why people poked fun at him and called him gaybar soap.

Here's an idea I had started 3 years ago and didn't get very far. Now I'm compelled to work on it because I haven't done any doom mapping in a long time. It was supposed to be an Inferno inspired replacement, kind of like kdizd except for gzdoom. I realized it was probably too ambitious on my own but here's what I have for Hell Keep:

I'm using gothic_tx as I felt this texture set fit the episode the most. The plan was to use the names of the levels and/or the image of the level in the interpic for inspiration. Hopefully you can see this from the first screen. I wanted to use monsters.wad and maybe create some custom ones, maybe a custom gun or two but I don't have the time for it. I at least plan on finishing this one level.

Thats a badass look for a Hell Keep on the first pic and the fourth pic has that "Quake" look to it(at lease to me) in a good way. Also thats got to be one of the most beautiful hell skies that I've ever seen!

The fourth pic reminds me a lot of one of the early maps from Scythe 2, minus the 3D bridge nonsense

Six said:

Nothing spectacular, just touched up the super shotgun:

I think that looks truly great. It has a sort of airbrushed, full color graphic novel style to it that, as far as I am concerned, only complements Doom. Did you touch up all the reloading frames too?

If I'm not mistaken thats not a sky texture but is in fact a sky box from Slide's old jDEP addon for Doomsday.

Reaper978 said:

Did you touch up all the reloading frames too?

Just the idle frame you see, but i can do the rest since i had planned to originally. I'll most probably get around to it during this weekend.

printz said:

Yeah, from those screenshots rf` looks like a genius, I don't really get it why people poked fun at him and called him gaybar soap.

No, you got it entirely wrong. That's my name for ralphis

40oz said:

Its not exactly like I can help having some weird ass mix of OCD and the attention span of a gnat. If its any consolation I AM still working on the heretic project. :(

sorry to interrupt but i was just looking at that modified bfg10k sprite and I noticed how easily a piece of that sprite can be chopped off and tilted to translate into some kind of assault rifle type weapon held at an angle.

This isn't a good example to use as a base since it still has some of your hud tacked onto it and is kinda poorly rotated and not sized for doom at all, but here's a pic to give you an idea of how it could look.

I like your rocket launcher made out of plasma gun stuffage btw.

THat's actually pretty awesome. You should go with it and see what you can do! I'm trying to refrain from angled weapons myself as i feel they've become overused in doom. :P

Yeah I'm partial to centered weapons too.

Proof I'm still working on Newgothic map 21. It's just really slow going. Over 32k lines now, but the whole layout is now finished and just 4 large areas left to detail. Then finish monster placement and then playtesting the heck out of it. Also need a sky for ep3. Hope I finish before classes start in two weeks ...

That structure is ~5k units away. heh.

The horde outside. Gonna trim off some guys before I playtest ...

inspired by AV map20.

Messing around with my bound rockets and RL in a small room.

@hobomaster. Simply amazing. Those screenies are dripping with spooky doom ambiance. And also great architecture.

@AB Looking good as usual. How many maps you done now?

Kyka said:

@AB Looking good as usual. How many maps you done now?

In newgothic or just since I started that map? heh. I skipped from 16 to 21 in newgothic, and I've done a few random maps here and there since.

and thanks pedro, the response I want to hear ;)