Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

I dunno Marmetmar, something about that shot really rubs me the wrong way. I'd personally change that stone texture to something that matches the wall it's supporting. But that's just me nitpicking. :P

I think so too. I'm not really sure what it is either, as I admire the map geometry. I'm sure it has something to do with those pillars. The map would look much better without. If you insist on keeping them, I'd try a different texture, maybe brown144 or something. Also I'd try to make that BROWN1 texture serve as a thick border around the top, instead of getting interrupted by the pillars.

Looking good there foodles. Its amazing how much nice looking stuff can still be made with just the base textures.

A simple M_DOOM graphic I decided to whip up for me and Daimon's project, in case there wasn't one already.

Menu is supposed to be somewhat to the right/on top of the marine. :P

@Lupinx-kassman: FUKKEN SAVED. And yes, there's still not a menu thing for this project, could you did it?

Also, working on progressive fiction monster and mapping revamp...

This one.

On that note, I think it looks a lot better than the earlier shot of those pillars, but I'm still not really digging the texture and squareness of the pillars themselves, or the bright red walls at the back, or the mossy stone techbase theme in general.

That's all probably just me, though.

Fiend said:

Time to try to make a futuristic city again.

Oh har har at the sign.

Wow, seeing DOOM in widescreen is weird. Not bad, just weird.

Aww, but you lose that N64 vibe if everything isn't anti-aliased into oblivion! :)

Really, though, keep up the great work. D64EX is a fantastic port.

These are screenshots from my 'Doom the way id did it' map, slot e3m4. It seems to have gone largely unnoticed in the project thread so here's some pictures.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/CaptainToenailSkulltag/CTe3m4A.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/CaptainToenailSkulltag/CTe3m4B.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/CaptainToenailSkulltag/CTe3m4C.jpg

Yep, looks like Doom.

(note, sarcasm aside, it looks nice. :) )

Fiend said:

Duke it out in Doom.

Fiend said:

Argh, recolors!!

Captain Toenail said:

These are screenshots from my 'Doom the way id did it' map, slot e3m4. It seems to have gone largely unnoticed in the project thread so here's some pictures.

I really like pictures 1 and 2, not so much 3, since i was always disgusted at that pipes texture being used like that.

Fiend said:

The warning billboard is the greatest part of that screenshot, heh :P

Kaiser said:

Doom64 EX and HQ2X texture scaling

Looks interesting, though I think it would look better with the lighting on. I don't know if I'd use it (I kinda like the pixely look) but I'd give it a try.