Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Well thank you dutch devil, something to expect is possibly a repetition of texture but...thats what e1m1 in the original doom is about. We'll see with the final product. :D

Double post, started working on another room of my map.

The room in question.

Up the stairs of that said room.

Yeah i use the same textures alot but heh, not like e1m1 had lots of different textures.

Will also probably make a topic soon for my map once there will be progress.

Couple screens of a new map I started yesterday:

I'm going for an underground excavation base theme. Nothing terribly original, but hopefully it'll turn out good..

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Unib/Doom/screenshot_doom_20090614_113411.png

Image is huge on my widescreen monitor :P

This is a monster random replacer mod I made. It randomly replaces monsters with tougher versions of themselves but with a fair chance to. So a hell knight could become a baron with 1/3 chance etc. But these chances can carry on multiple times, eg pistol dude -> shotgun dude -> chaingun dude. It makes the game all the more interesting. That level is map 23 with barrels being replaced with lost souls, to show it IS possible.

Hellbent said:

Very nice. Is this a work in progress as well? I want to plaaaaaaaayyyy.

I'm trying to finish it after a five year lay-off, so its a still a while away. The custom textures (not shown) are too good to miss out on.

Well, that looks like an OpenGL rendered port you're using. Just put 3dfloors and you'll have a real 3d effect ;)

Two pictures from Legacy of Belial, a semi-jokewad with very challenging and fun difficulty.

That's a lot of monsters for a big fight!

I take Belial's place after killing him (in this wad).

Something I've probably put about 30 hours into. I might even release it if I can come up with enough ideas to make a whole map.

Butts said:

Is that perhaps Total Doom?

Yeah its an working title, I don't think I will keep it in the end. I haven't thought of something better yet, well I sort of got one name in mind but its in dutch language.

I really like the looks of those maps (on this page) by Szymanski and Krispavera! I kinda forgot about this thread for many months, and now I need to backtrack through it all - just so see other inspiring ideas and weird crap.

Christoph said:

I really like the looks of those maps (on this page) by Szymanski

I luv blue torches. And Super Jamie's map looks very classic doom2ish.

Hellbent, exactly what am I looking at? That looks pretty psychedelic.

Butts said:

Hellbent, exactly what am I looking at? That looks pretty psychedelic.

I think it's a real picture of a real neo-artsy house. I thought it was so cool that I'd post it here, even if it's not a doom pic, just to shake things up. Would be cool to see something like that in Doom tho. It's a shoe store: http://www.dezeen.com/2006/11/