Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

@KingKill33: Those shots are rather messy for my tastes.

@Memfis: Looks great as usual, and with plenty of space for running around. Whatever it is you're working on, it's what I'm looking forward to right now. :)

Khorus said:

@KingKill33: Those shots are rather messy for my tastes.

Agreed. Way too many colors and shapes stuffed together into a tiny space, competing for attention. The structures don't seem to add up into coherent, appealing shapes, the colors and lines are just all over the place. I think part of it is just that the space is way too small for that much stuff.

Also, why is there a sand dunes floor randomly juxtaposed with a dark brown rock wall next to the waterfall in the first shot?

@KingKill33: Somehow look much like a modern 1024 experiment, but with too vivid colors and too illogical constructions, etc. it seems to be thrown together in a worse way.

WIP

I like those shots Kingkill. I like the color pallet personally, I think the sand texture is a little misplaced though.

Looks killer, Ed! I'm really looking forward to that project of yours :)

The odd spike hanging down from right side of the dark antenna structure on the upper right confuses me, though. It might just be the angle of the screenshot.

@KingKill33. The first shot does look a bit jumbled with too many different themes competing for attention. But the second shot has that classic KingKill design, with tight, tense, detailed use of space and layout.

I for one am a fan of all the KingKill maps I have played.

@Ed. Looks really amazing. Just so you know, however, this thread is for screenshots of maps made using the Doom engine, not whatever newfangled engine you are using there. :P

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Just so you know, however, this thread is for screenshots of maps made using the Doom engine, not whatever newfangled engine you are using there. :P

Actually I think he's using GZDoom or something similar. (I'm not entirely certain your being serious here though...:P)

Mechadon said:

(I'm not entirely certain your being serious here though...:P)

:D

How many stacked portals is that? 3? Or are you using genuine 3d floors?

Thanks guys!

No portals in that shot - It's all grade-a genuine 3d floors. I'm somewhere in the ballpark of 50 sector tags in that shot. It's getting a little confusing in DB

Essle: That spike comes down and angles towards the entrance at a 45 degree angle. It's almost in the shape of an old fashioned can opener.

KingKill33 said:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/dabloodbath/Screenshot_Doom_20120119_102504.png

This is the room beyond the metal bars from shot 2. [I am aware of the bleed-through]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/dabloodbath/Screenshot_Doom_20120119_102607.png

Alternate of shot 1, the sand rock has since been changed, although I don't believe you can see it in this pic.

I'm still thinking: you are my newest favourite mapper. Are those texture are your own work? If not, can you tell me where are they from?

Mechadon said:

Holy shit Ed, that looks fantastic.

That structure on the right shows you a middlefinger, don't you see?...

@KingKill33: those latter two shots are more consistent.

@Katamori
I wish I made them! Lol. Anyway, for this map I'm using:
cc4-tex (an outdated version I think)
cage_tex
the texures from Claustrophobia 1024
marinecorpses
doompotpourri
decontex

I like having a large palette to use. :)

@Cell
I thought an alternate view of the area would provide a better idea as to how it's structured and it's overall theme.