Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

ducon said:

The sky is a texture from Doom³ (hellsky).

Yep, that is correct. It needed a littl bit of work to look good though.

@ exl:

In the second shot with the red sky, the floor seems too uniform for me. Giving it a little variance, like making lower sectors slightly darker (let's say they are wetter), may enhance the spatial sense.

LigH said:

@ exl:

In the second shot with the red sky, the floor seems too uniform for me. Giving it a little variance, like making lower sectors slightly darker (let's say they are wetter), may enhance the spatial sense.

That works brilliantly, thanks! Might try to break up the flat middle area some more still. Maybe with a path, or some rubble.

http://www.dvdflick.net/storage/solo5.jpg

Certainly yes. Something that catches the eye just even enough.

That looks great, though I'd say you probably don't need nearly that many crates. IMO it's usually better to have just a few for the player to duck around, if there isn't much else in the area to take cover behind. Trying to fill too much of the empty space and you're just squandering a perfectly good open area to run around in ;)

esselfortium said:

That looks great, though I'd say you probably don't need nearly that many crates.

Nonsense and heresy!
One can never have too many crates.

esselfortium said:

That looks great, though I'd say you probably don't need nearly that many crates. IMO it's usually better to have just a few for the player to duck around, if there isn't much else in the area to take cover behind. Trying to fill too much of the empty space and you're just squandering a perfectly good open area to run around in ;)

Thanks for the good suggestion, less crates will probably add towards better gameplay. I removed most of them, and I keep a few for cover. Its allready looking better now.

"One crate is one too many."

Can`t see the screenshot though, since most image hosting sites are blocked here (at work)

Some silly screenshots obtained by testing a COLORMAP generated from HSL colormatching instead of RGB colormatching. (Factors used: 5 for hue, 2 for saturation, 3 for luminosity.)

Overall, it looks like crap; but it was funny; and sometimes, though rarely, there was a portion of the image that actually looked maybe a bit better.

Gez said:

Some silly screenshots obtained by testing a COLORMAP generated from HSL colormatching instead of RGB colormatching. (Factors used: 5 for hue, 2 for saturation, 3 for luminosity.)

Overall, it looks like crap; but it was funny; and sometimes, though rarely, there was a portion of the image that actually looked maybe a bit better.[/URL]

Maybe if you reduce factor for hue it'd look better

valhallaist said:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/173/0/2/doom__the_yawning_wall_by_starmansurfer-d4z87yn.jpg

Hehe, man... right now I just got an urge to play a co-op game with a bunch of WELL-TRAINED AND HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL Doom marines

DuckReconMajor said:

What is this from? It looks familiar.

It's from my wad "Kokytus". It's a single player map of course, but I added some voodoo dolls temporarily just to get that shot.

It's not Doom anymore. At least for me. But it seems it wasn't easy to do so...respect Jimi!

If I ever got into a higher-res, 3D-modelled Doom, it would have to look something like that. Amazing work on the models' textures, too.

Good to see this is still coming along. If these are the models that were inspired by Abuse then they are much improved from when I last saw them.

Katamori said:

It's not Doom anymore. At least for me. But it seems it wasn't easy to do so...respect Jimi!

It isn't supposed to be Doom. It is a TC with emphasis on the "Total".

Thanks!

I think it's still somewhat Abuse inspired, but it got mixed with some Mortal Kombat ninja characters. The weapons gameplay modifications are also somewhat Abuse like. Though I'm still using all the usual Doom Actions. I've not been sure yet when and if I should make my own game plugin for this.

I think this level will become some deathmatch level, or be an inspiration for such. I think there could be a bit more height variation in it, and maybe less colorful light as those intense color areas make it difficult to distinguish the different team colors.

A Doom picture doesn't have to be a Doom screenshot, right?

Just for fun, here's Doom's TRUECOLORMAP. The COLORMAP ramps, as generated by the dcolor.c algorithm, but in truecolor instead of being forced back into the palette; compared to the IWAD's paletted version.

Gives a good outlook of which colors stay reasonably safe, and which suffered a lot.

(In the unlikely case anybody is curious enough, a whole bunch of game palettes included in SLADE have been subjected to the same treatment and can be found here if you want to see Heretic's true colormap or whatever.)

Hell's Vendetta said:

Reminds me of MAP12 in Doom 2 where the imps come out Chris.

Think you're missing the more obvious E1M8 homage :P

EDIT: And I missed the even more obvious text he'd written under the screenshot...