Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

I think it looks good Johnny. No objections from me... It's not what I would have done but I like it.

JohnnyRancid said:

Loved this screenie. Second episode of my project (lvl 7-11) will be a deserted military techbase in this sort of style. Dark, brooding, rusted out but with lots of tech/lighting everywhere.

DuckReconMajor said:

lolololol. Also, Wolfenstein doesn't have ceiling lights.

jodwin that looks so awesome.

A part of me wants to hate quake textures in doom but i can't help but love them so much.

Super Jamie said:

epic. what's that from? i want to keep an eye for when you release it

An abandoned techbase (kind of) that I've been working on for about two and a half weeks. Layout about 50-60 % done. I'm aiming for a slightly classic look (only moderate detailing and stock Doom 2 textures). I'll probably be asking for a few playtesters when it's done.

Oh, and it's green. :P

So many sexy shots sprung into this thread recently. Jodwin, I am having multiple orgasms over your picture. Right now, I am in a "classic" phase of dooming. I just can't seem to get over how awesome the classic style is... So your shot pretty much made me jizz myself.

And Dutch Devil... As always you are making fucking awesome maps.

I wish DB2 didn't freeze my computer, otherwise I would actually have stuff to show... and I would be doing so much more mapping.

Jodwin said:

Oh, and it's green. :P

Heresy! Everyone knows Doom2.wad is the ultimate chance to commit brown abuse :P I'm happy to playtest if you like, though if it's an ultra-hard sorta map with multiple Cyberdemons I'll probably suck :P

I always liked Heretic's colour scheme. Much brighter and colourful than Doom. Especially Doom II. Never liked browns much.

Ah I think the opposite. People always complain that Doom has too much brown but I love it. It's so gritty and industrial, it's exactly what I want out of a game. Heretic is so bright and cartoony, it feels ridiculous to map for when you see all the textures laid out in the editor.

I'm your polar opposite. I prefer things bright and cartoony. I would love to map for Heretic but I can't be bothered to buy the full version because I'm busy playing Hexen which I also bought recently :P

This is from a level that was originally going to be for Claustrophobia 1024, but I couldn't make it work in a 1024 framework. I am thinking of dusting it off and working on it to include it in my little project. I like the theme, I love using stock Doom2 textures in interesting ways, but I dunno if it could be made to work across a whole level. I'll probably try anyway, but I thought I would post it here just to see what you guys think.

I am thinking of using only monsters that are mainly red/silver to match the level. Like Cacodemons, demons, spectres, chaingunners, revenants. Maybe a few new beasties like the red demon or the cyborg demon from KDiZD (assuming there is permission to be used). I see it like some sort of nightmare alternate reality that leads into hell. An interdimensional space-time purgatory mansion thingy. Or something. I'll stop here.

It's funny... I always notice editing mistakes when posting screenshots. I can see two mistakes right away in this one...

...and while we're on the subject of awesome, erik steps in from stage left and posts a pic. tbh, I could only see one thing, on the overhead framework. Nothing else stood out to me.

Thanks heaps Dreadopp and Super Jamie for the comments. Much appreciated. Guess that is the next level I am working on. Cool.

@arrrgh. I like those screenies. I am a sucker for brown techbases. tbh, I would change the blue lights. I think there is just one too many color in there. Brown, Silver, gray and the red lava is probably enough. The blue kinda looked out of place to me. Otherwise, looking good.

@Jodwin. Very cool. Thank you for showing everyone that green is a color too. ;)

The second mistake is you are using degreelessness mode to playtest your maps :/

JohnnyRancid said:

The second mistake is you are using degreelessness mode to playtest your maps :/

Don't worry. I have playtested this map 3 hours+ on skill 5 without cheats.

Super Jamie said:

Heresy! Everyone knows Doom2.wad is the ultimate chance to commit brown abuse :P I'm happy to playtest if you like, though if it's an ultra-hard sorta map with multiple Cyberdemons I'll probably suck :P

I thought it was Quake that's brown. D:

Don't worry about the difficulty, I will have a few HR-like fights here and there, but for the most part I'm going for a bit slower gameplay with smaller fights (but also less resources). Though it shouldn't be as punishing as Memento Mori 2...I've been playing that a bit lately, and even the early maps can be very harsh on even simple mistakes on UV.

Kyka has too much time on his hands to do 2x2-grid detail everywhere. Still, I like the experimental look.