Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Memfis: Cool stuff, nice height variation in the horizon.

I drawed a shotgun.. uhh.. apparently the underside is visible too. It's 4D!

BloodyAcid said:

I did something similar with a more-worse method, so to say

You realise that shadow is logically impossible given the lighting of the room and placement of the light relative to the crate? I know its a tutorial and all, just saying.

Memfis: Looks very dire. Are you going to have a custom midi with this one? Because in my mind it's just screaming out for something atmospheric.

Jimi: +1 for centered custom weapons! I'm not sure if you're going for a very clean look, but I think that shotgun's sprite looks too cell-shady next the the noisier textures around it. Just mho. [:

Xane123 said:

@LigH: Wait, doesn't Chex Quest use Doom's palette or something?

Yep, absolutely no difference. The PLAYPALs are identical, down to the very last bit.

That sunset sky texture was made by DooMAD. There definitely will be a custom midi, not sure which one though.

Then I thought to try some character sprite drawing. I wonder if I can animate it. It should have a weapon too. Or maybe I make spaceships or something... then I would only need to draw the different angles.

I love your style, Jimi. Brown & green look very good together, and the shotty looks much more appropriate now that I see the enemies.

Jimi, I love that style of chunky shotgun you got going there, I would even like to see it in a realistic look close to the original doom shotgun while still being the same shape and style.

Yeah, it is very reminiscent of the Quake shotgun. The barrel could stand to look a little more cylindrical, but that's about it. I smell a possible TC in the future (I might even be willing to help out with mapping!). :D

I'm surprised :) Glad you like it. I may add some more shading into them when I've animated them.

Memfis said:

That sunset sky texture was made by DooMAD. There definitely will be a custom midi, not sure which one though.

Maybe it was that I asked from DooMAD while I worked on Shadow of the Damned?

Anyway in your pic it looks better than in my WAD when I tried to put it in :D

Jimi said:

Wow, Jimi...just wow. I love the new colors and style.

Jimi said:

I'm surprised :) Glad you like it. I may add some more shading into them when I've animated them.

If you do add shading I recommend just adding only one additional value to each hue. The style is just too cool to do too much shading.

This page needs more new screenshots!

If you frequent Death Egg's Switcheroom Project thread you'll have already seen this, but I thought it was kind of funny. Here's a sample of my growing ardour for E2M2's crates:

Before you worry about the gimmickiness of my E1M2-in-E2M2-style remake, let me assure you that this is a very small, optional section. [:

On the one hand, I really like the look of that room, even despite the excessive use of crates.

On the other hand, I'm racking my brain to figure out what part of E1M2 has a shape like that, and coming up empty.

Shadow Hog: It's meant to be taken lightly. This little area is more of a joke between myself and the player than an honest fusion of E1M2 and E2M2. Although it definitely draws inspiration from the crateroom in E2M2, and is well within vanilla limits. Here's a DB shot of the room, highlighted in purple (note that most of the highlighted area is visual only. Boxes piled high, receding into the distance.

I took a bunch of photos for references today. Then I adjusted the earlier sprites to have more correct poses. And then I tried some shading/effects to get them match the level textures more.. blur, sharpen and some blood texture overlay.

Also found out how to make player appear without weapon..

A shot from LEGO DOOM: Mars in Bricks Episode 01 Preview.
Doom guy does not follow an order and is then sent to mars!

He also sees his bunny daisy before he leaves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Tu-LApFVk

A planned 5 episode mini series exploring what a DOOM movie should be about!

Following the link in the video can take you to the kickstarter page, where more previews can be seen.

Also in the kickstarter page is a link to the script of the 1st episode.

Support can get you a LEGO DOOM MONSTER!
or dvd or hd digital copy! Have a look!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digger318/lego-doom-mars-in-bricks

oh and here is a shot with a lego zombie from my GEEKGO review series:

Jimi said:

I took a bunch of photos for references today. Then I adjusted the earlier sprites to have more correct poses. And then I tried some shading/effects to get them match the level textures more.. blur, sharpen and some blood texture overlay.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/jeejeeje/doom/enemy_01_002.png

Also found out how to make player appear without weapon..

Whoa, those turned out even better than I expected. These little guys look AWESOME.

schwerpunk said:

Before you worry about the gimmickiness of my E1M2-in-E2M2-style remake, let me assure you that this is a very small, optional section. [:

Never mind! In Doomep47 E2M3, I've used a crossover of the E2M2 crates and the E2M3 near-the-start armory room.