Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

All white lamps on the floor and the ceiling look really ugly IMO, like if you added them to your screens in MSPaint or something.
And for a deathmatch map it is probably too dark.

Thanks chaps!

Memfis said:

All white lamps on the floor and the ceiling look really ugly IMO, like if you added them to your screens in MSPaint or something.
And for a deathmatch map it is probably too dark.

Yeah I'm unsure about it too - it's just a plain white flat, but I might add some grain to it, or just find something better, to reduce the MSPaintiness.

The playing areas will be brightened up by specific light fields, which I haven't added yet - just working on texturing at the moment - although I rather like a little darkness in DM :)

Architecture looks nice.. lighting could be smoother/brighter. You have that much bright lights, but then they only illuminate a very small area...

Memfis said:

All white lamps on the floor and the ceiling look really ugly IMO

Yeah, they just light themselves out like all of a sudden, no intershading.

Jimi said:

Architecture looks nice.. lighting could be smoother/brighter. You have that much bright lights, but then they only illuminate a very small area...

I was sort of imagining them to be like those incandescent energy-saving lights, that fail to properly illuminate very much beyond the opaque panel enclosing the bulb.

But it's something I'll play with. Thanks for the feedback :)

mrthejoshmon said:

Improvement on last STBAR?

Holy wow that's a nice status bar. One suggestion though; could you make the brown letters a pinch brighter and use the resulting color also in the far right ammo counter. So, lighter brown letters for current ammo, armor, health, arms and also for the little letters; bull, shell, rckt, cell.

And of course upload your HUD for the world to use :)

Another HUD Idea: like that one hud you were using awhile back that had the tiny pictures of the ammo, perhaps make it so that no backpack in possession; clip, 4 shells, rocket, small cell, and the large equivalent when you've got one? And a little green/blue vest icon for your armor too.

Of course this is all assuming you can do this with a stat bar rather than something like an alternate hud.

Its a trap!

Something I've been working on for the nova project. It also features a haunted library

and an accidental angry monkey

darkreaver said:

Thats alot of duplicates. Avid collector much?

Yes, the entirely library is devoted to the life's works of dan brown, what with this being in hell and all. Might be a few celebrity autobiographies in there too..

In the 21st century, that entire collection would fit onto an ebook :) Atmoshpere = instantly 0

Yea, looks pretty cool. The first screenshot reminds me of the red area in Limbo.

It kind of looks like a giant bloody potato in the sky, heh. Custom skies can be a pain to look nice sometimes.

Mechadon said:

It kind of looks like a giant bloody potato in the sky, heh.

Or some kind of organ.
"Hey, planet Seduntriotus! We've just lost connection with moon Heart!"

Death Egg said:

???

I like the floor.

... Also screens from my contribution to the DM revival project
A bot derped on me:

The main outer port area thing:

The RL area, and soon to be deathbed:

And the bots have a fascination with killing themselves in this pool:

messing with the blasphemer texture pack i ended up with this:

i am seriously thinking of keeping it misaligned...

EDIT:

this is the results from the image above:

ah well, it is 128x128 so it may be usable... it may become a mirror-like texture? still need some polish.

since i don't understand how blasphemere palette works i ripped it off with a screenshot.

skill level: paint