Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Xaser said:

Damn Xaser that looks good, a lot of red though lol.

Ever since I tried Jade Empire I was inspired to make an ancient chinese styled map but due to my lazyness and lack of motivation I never bothered to.

LigH said:

A good decision, IMHO. The buildings look still rather human-made; lakes of blood are more surreal and should possibly belong to clearly hellish environments when used in such "volumes".

Furthermore: When all the buildings look so "abandoned", why should blood there still be fresh?

Lol. Yeah, why?! It just doesnt make any sense!!!

I'm going to try making the E4 sky blue, or just use some one shade.. The bright blue sky today looked pretty much just having one shade all over. I was thinking there's no fog.. it is just a beige mountain, or maybe they should all have a more similar brightness then?

Xaser: Looks pretty good. There could be some more other colors than red, or the red could be less intense.

Jimi said:

I'm going to try making the E4 sky blue, or just use some one shade.. The bright blue sky today looked pretty much just having one shade all over. I was thinking there's no fog.. it is just a beige mountain, or maybe they should all have a more similar brightness then?

Xaser: Looks pretty good. There could be some more other colors than red, or the red could be less intense.

There is nothing about Hacx that isn't intense.

After finishing level 1 (though I should've posted pictures of that before moving on), I decided to make it turn nighttime and make a pretty intense battlefield (lots of monsters come out from everywhere, and this is just level 2!).

The pictures are out of order for some reason, so here's what's in them, starting from the first row, then the second:

1. A fountain. Notice the water particles; This is my first attempt at making custom particles!
2. The hill. Up on this hill are redesigned Hell Knights (so non-Doom II players can play this without it being a ripoff of Doom II's.
3. There's a 3D floor that goes over a path that curves around a corner.
4&5. The background mountain ranges. The environment looked boring until I added the trees.

Some pictures were taken with an modified FOV and/or increased GL ambient lighting.

That's a pretty sweet idea, I don't think there's many maps out there set in nighttime. Might need to borrow that one... ;)

LigH said:

Lo Wang would certainly be envious.

Ancient Chinese Secret!

When I saw those shots I thought "That looks like Shadow Warrior!" then made a Lo Wang joke. Oh the humour of seeing the very next post mention Lo Wang.

Experimenting with outdoor areas, since I never make them

Who spilt all the oil?

It's not great, but it's better than most outdoor tests I make.

I am not sure if the clouds should be so glaring bright. The floor structure is hardly visible below them.

LigH said:

I am not sure if the clouds should be so glaring bright. The floor structure is hardly visible below them.

Yeah I really need to work on outdoor stuff, my GZDoom project - assuming I ever make it past those damned weapons - will feature plenty of outdoor stuff.

Ragnor said:

When I saw those shots I thought "That looks like Shadow Warrior!" then made a Lo Wang joke. Oh the humour of seeing the very next post mention Lo Wang.

Heh, Xaser posted those pics on ZDoom and the first comment after was "Lo Wang was here. " :-P

Essel is somehow still my favorite mapper.

Thanks :) I think the machinegun look is because of the Q3 machinegun looks like a pneumatic drill. I wonder if it was initially meant to be a drill. I was inspired by pneumatic drills.

The previous picture last night had some funny distortion/stretching effect on the stoned gargoyles when I scrolled the page up/down with the mouse wheel. Woah!

esselfortium said:

A life without STONGARG is, truly, no life at all.

Looks like your map is wearing pyjamas

More Vanilla action, cross-posted from my Nex Credo thread. I do believe I'm a third of the way to a full replacement megawad. :)

The Revenant in the top-right shot seems to breakdance...

Looks certainly promising for a nomination when ready.

well, it's not mine... but i found it browsing my deviantart sta.sh...

I remember is a megawad called smile (not mr. smile safari head!) or something similar...

Doom Builder's full-screen 3D EDIT MODE (available by pressing W) now puts the level designer right in the middle of his level just as though he were playing the game in DOOM.

@Memfis I thought something similar happened to me in Doom Builder 2 once when I loaded a invalid/wrong type WAD map or something. A bunch of lines really isn't "just like the game". (Yes, I know you were being sarcastic)

@Rayzik Just don't make everything too close to what mine's like; It is hard to make those mountains/hills.

Xane123 said:

@Memfis I thought something similar happened to me in Doom Builder 2 once when I loaded a invalid/wrong type WAD map or something.

That's happened to me too. Although I was opening a Mock 2 map, so who knows what was going on. :P

EDIT: I just noticed I've hit Senior Member. I don't feel that senior....:P