Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Da Werecat said:

From the project which is not quite alive right now. At least my part of it.

Looks cool, Da Werecat. What's this? :o

edit: I quoted images because it's a new page, deal w/ it

Da Werecat said:

From the project which is not quite alive right now. At least my part of it.

That. Looks. GORGEOUS!

esselfortium said:

Looks cool, Da Werecat. What's this? :o

Thanks.

It was a community project about a prisoner transport ship captured by demons. Most of the action would be taking place on a bunch of alien planets. There were some quite ambitious contributions, but the interest quickly died down.

As for me, I took it a little too seriously while having too little experience. By the time I finished the first third of a spaceship map I planned, I already hated every corner of it. So I started all over, trying to optimize my working process somewhat. Things were complicated by the fact that I wanted to draw every single texture for my map(s), so I was spending more time in Photoshop than in a level editor.

I can't say I'm hating this second version that much. In all honesty, I'm quite proud of some of the sights. The problem is that the layout is nothing more than a collection of said sights. An adequate screenshot material that I don't believe will work as a part of a playable map. I haven't touched it since December, according to timestamps.

There must be a lesson somewhere, I suppose.

Mechadon said:

Awesome shots Da Werecat! Did you do the textures and stuff?

Thanks. Yep.

The floating projection screens remind me of the first room of the Regulator gamemodes map in the demo of the DS Metroid game.

Essel's image-quoting sets page 400 off to a great start. I think it was 301 or 302 that someone said it might be the best page in this thread.
Would be awesome to go even better, stuff like that is what would be needed, great stuff Werecat.

Ragnor said:

Am I the only one that thinks it looks like Doom 3?

It was influenced by Doom 3. More so, I used a Doom 3 texture as a base for my grey metal textures.

Jayextee said:

Hexen? In MY Doom?

The last one looks like Quake with a Heretic vibe to me. Which is also nice.

@Memfis : this looks swell!

Maybe a night sky would make it even "better". I think the unsaturated tomato red of the sky clashes with the orange of the walls and floors.

I was quite reluctant to post these shots due to the high quality of the other shots given just moments ago because my shots are in very basic stages right now.

More of map 13: EWTP
Starting area:

My trademark altar:

And cutting up the floor, hexagon by hexagon...

Very basic outside so far, but it is on a balcony of a skyscraper (The map began life as an open city map, but it proved too hard for me to make so I converted the skyscraper to another WTP)

mrthejoshmon said:

And cutting up the floor, hexagon by hexagon...

Which is an even more arseache work if you're working with FLAT5. :D
The pedestal on the right looks a bit Plutonic btw.

schwerpunk said:

Hey, that's a really nice city, mouldy! Major props for sticking with stock textures, too.

Yeah, looks really good, and the lighting is nice.

Katamori said:

Holy eternal damned flying swimming sh*t

I tried to picture it in my head. I regret this decision.

cheers folks. There will be a day when I figure out custom textures... but it is not this day.

schwerpunk said:

Hey, that's a really nice city, mouldy! Major props for sticking with stock textures, too.

I still remember that work of a Spanish guy, creating an entire downtown out of stock textures. The major disadvantage was, that one couldn't simply stare into the center from the border without getting massive lags. I seriously hope mouldy's map won't be pressuring my processor (or at least, not that much).

mouldy said:

cheers folks. There will be a day when I figure out custom textures... but it is not this day.

Figure out custom textures? I'm guessing as in using custom textures for a map? I must say that those screens look awesome! I don't know how you do it Mouldy (I know it's done with an editor before you start getting literal, heh).